TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Back usb ports options

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by modelx007, Jan 13, 2016.

1. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Jun 24, 2014
    Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
    EVAnnex looks OK. But not terribly elegant in my POV. So I am waiting. I was quite unimpressed with their video about how to route the wiring.
  2. jct_4628

jct_4628 Member

Jul 16, 2014
    We made up our own. We got a small cigarette lighter powered converter and put it right behind the center console. We then ran an extension cord under the floor mats and up and beside the rear row seat. We put a small power strip in the back with USB and normal outlets. A USB cable can slide under the seat and into the rear row. We used this for the jump seats, but I don't see why this wouldn't work for the rear seats also. Just enough juice to charge devices. All the supplies were found at Target.
  3. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Newport Coast, CA
    Or just get a large portable Lithium Ion battery with dual USB high amperage outputs like my Aukey 20000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with AiPower Tech for iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 6Plus, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, LG, HTC, Motorola and other USB Powered Devices. $24.99 on Amazon and can be used anywhere