Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backed into post below eye level

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah amazing, but he said 10's of hours of work. I wonder how much does that cost instead of replacing the part completely.

I wondered the same thing, but if it's 10 hours, even at $100 an hour, that's only $1,000 (maths was my strong suit at school) so that's still a lot less than the $15,000 that's been bandied about in this thread

Reactions: Need
What about just checking behind you Before and while in reverse? Oh well, it’s a common problem for older folks with stiff necks. How did we ever do it without cameras and sensors😱😜
Hey! I resemble that.

Seriously, I find myself being very careful when backing the Model Y, especially in parking lots. Situational awareness is little helped by the sensors and camera, which has been a surprise and disappointment, to me. Add to that the limited rear visibility which is normal to the car. My wife's Buick Envision is much better at giving back up warnings, including side traffic alerts and pedestrian alerts. It's a 2016 model at that. Tesla should do better at this. I'm 75 years old. Cameras and sensors are a boon to people like me, and are part of the reasons I drive a Tesla. Driver assistance, and SA, are phenomenal on the highway. I would like to see Tesla do better in other areas, including side blind zone warnings in local driving.

That said, my Model Y - and the Model 3 before it - have given me a very satisfying ownership experience. Take my above as constructive criticism rather than a complaint. ;)

Hey! I resemble that.

Seriously, I find myself being very careful when backing the Model Y, especially in parking lots. Situational awareness is little helped by the sensors and camera, which has been a surprise and disappointment, to me. Add to that the limited rear visibility which is normal to the car. My wife's Buick Envision is much better at giving back up warnings, including side traffic alerts and pedestrian alerts. It's a 2016 model at that. Tesla should do better at this. I'm 75 years old. Cameras and sensors are a boon to people like me, and are part of the reasons I drive a Tesla. Driver assistance, and SA, are phenomenal on the highway. I would like to see Tesla do better in other areas, including side blind zone warnings in local driving.

That said, my Model Y - and the Model 3 before it - have given me a very satisfying ownership experience. Take my above as constructive criticism rather than a complaint. ;)

To me at least, there is absolutely a difference between "I wish the car did a better job with rear alerts, sometimes they dont work like I expect", and "Tesla should pay for my repair instead of my insurance, because I hit a post I didnt see and the car didnt warn me".

One is regular criticism (which I happen to agree with), the other is an attempt to shift blame (which I happen to not agree with).