Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backgammon Broken ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
I play backgammon quite often and even after the latest update tonight it appears that backgammon is either broken or has a bug?

Quite often I’m in a game where I make a move and have one more move to make. At least according to the dice. Problem is that no possible remaining moves. If there was an undo option it might be possible to make a different first move where I could then make the second move.

if you’re required to make both moves it should allow a first move that makes the second move impossible. Otherwise it should be like a turn where you’re trying to get back on the board but it’s occupied and you only see one dice.

Anyone else have this happen over and over.

Attached for example as black it says I used a 5, which I did, but that I have a 6 to use. There are no possible 6 moves for black. Can’t move. Can’t undo. Can’t skip.

What the...?

Attachments

• 892D0AEB-3F43-4299-8CBC-96C3D38D2EB9.jpeg
    892D0AEB-3F43-4299-8CBC-96C3D38D2EB9.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 159
Our 2013 MS lost backgammon completely this week, after update to V10.2 (2020.9.22 fd1e27c664df). We also lost all Atari games. The Easter Eggs to connect to them are gone from the display!

I plan to put in a service request today, because of additional issues with the update: what gives on software uodate?

Our wifi and cellular coverage are both very weak. Maybe the issue was from the download, and they can push the update to us again. We'll park closer to the wifi signal before starting the update. We had very few problems when the updates were all over the air LTE3.

I hope to report back soon with good news.

Our wifi and cellular coverage are both very weak. Maybe the issue was from the download, and they can push the update to us again. We'll park closer to the wifi signal before starting the update. We had very few problems when the updates were all over the air LTE3.

Diverging from the backgammon topic of the thread. But yes I've had had radio issue as well. The car no longer can find the connection and fails to load music until 5 minutes or so. Also while driving it also fails to load randomly. These are in areas I drive daily and never failed to work before. My cell (ATT) works fine; so if Tesla is using same carrier that's not it.

MSLR on 2022.4.5 here. Had Nameless for almost 5 months now, never played any games until tonight. Decided to try the backgammon. Not long into my first game (I'm white, my home is lower-right), I got double 5's and it's my move now, that's the position in the picture.

It's not letting me move any pieces into that last (empty) row. I may be getting old, but I think that's a legal move LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 56
I play backgammon quite often and even after the latest update tonight it appears that backgammon is either broken or has a bug?

Quite often I’m in a game where I make a move and have one more move to make. At least according to the dice. Problem is that no possible remaining moves. If there was an undo option it might be possible to make a different first move where I could then make the second move.

if you’re required to make both moves it should allow a first move that makes the second move impossible. Otherwise it should be like a turn where you’re trying to get back on the board but it’s occupied and you only see one dice.

Anyone else have this happen over and over.

Attached for example as black it says I used a 5, which I did, but that I have a 6 to use. There are no possible 6 moves for black. Can’t move. Can’t undo. Can’t skip.

What the...?
Same here. I have a 4 and 2, with NOWHERE to go. And it doesn't allow me to relinquish my turn to key the game moving!