TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

backgammon help

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by mickle, Jan 4, 2020.

1. mickle

mickle Member

Tried playing a game, got all my pieces over to my "pickup" quadrant, but then I wasn't able to pick them off the board. I tried swiping them to the collection trays on the sides or the center, but nothing would work. How do you do this? Thanks!

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

#2 SMAlset, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020

You move them off the board by dragging each piece onto the side “tray” for your end game side just like on a backgammon set. Did you have all your pieces in the home quadrant? When you role a number that will carry you off the board it should just work when you drag it to the side tray. Only thing I can figure is you don’t have the piece over the right section on the side. The pieces will go into the tray and then flip so all you see is them stacked on their side.

When your opponent (player or Tesla) knocks you off the board it will put your piece on the center bar. It’s not an area you drag the pieces to.

3. M109Rider

M109Rider Active Member

I love this game in the car. I have quick games against Tesla when ever I get the chance.
    I play 2048 a lot as well, but this may be my new go to.

4. RaddMann

RaddMann New Member

I can’t move a piece but I have a 6 left to play. How do I pass?

5. towndrunk

towndrunk Member

There is no "pass" option in Backgammon.

Backgammon FAQ: Basic Rules