Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backing into charging spots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just take your time, go slow. Tip: You can set the side view mirrors to automatically tilt downwhen you shift into reverse so you can see the parking lines. Use the backup camera and stop when within 24 inches of the wall or Supercharger station.

Reactions: leaftoy
New Y owner (today!) Have not used a supercharger yet, but is seems like only way for cable to reach is backing into spots. I don't normally back into spots and don't have a ton of experience doing it. Any tips/pointers to share on how to back into charging spots with a Y?
Use the backup camera to align the screen guidelines inside parking space markings... works like a charm. ;)

1642557204475.png

New Y owner (today!) Have not used a supercharger yet, but is seems like only way for cable to reach is backing into spots. I don't normally back into spots and don't have a ton of experience doing it. Any tips/pointers to share on how to back into charging spots with a Y?
After five decades of backing with trailers of all lengths, and teaching my kids how to drive in reverse, I've learned that the number one bad habit of driving in reverse is steering overcorrection. The car responds very differently with "rear wheel steer" than front wheel.

Follow the advice from a post above. Find an empty parking lot, with striped spaces, and practice, keeping steering input minimal. It works for me!

Reactions: leaftoy
Is this a serious post, especially if you live in the Bay Area? You have to pass a parallel parking test to get your driver's license at the least. Backing in to a supercharger spot is the same as backing out of your garage, out of your driveway, out of a parking spot, etc..
This is your response? Attacking my driving skills? If you don't have anything helpful to say you do know that you have the option of taking your attitude to another thread right?