TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Backing into the garage with Summon

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by llngoc, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. llngoc

llngoc Member

I tried Summon to park my X into garage over the weekend. When I have it set to Narrow space setting, I can summon forward into the 1 car garage without any issue. But when we tried to back up into the garage, the car would actually go half way and stopped. The mobile app actually would report Summon completed and not aborted. Luckily that I disabled the Homelink with Summon or we would have a dent on the roof by now.

Anyone else have seen this? And aware of a solution?

2. pthill65

pthill65 Member

I've had the same experience. I have a pretty narrow garage, a bunch of stuff hanging from the walls, and an angled driveway, so it's kind of an acid test. So far not super helpful. Fun to play with, tho!

3. harrisonjs

harrisonjs Member

I have had the same experience with a tight door fit (5" on each side) and a 3/4" driveway/garage lip. I can get it to work by driving the front or back bumper past the garage door opening so that the wheels are up against the driveway/garage lip. This must take the lateral sensors on the bumper past the danger they sense at the smallest point. But driving to that point is the most difficult part of the maneuver and once there I might as well just drive in.

4. Bishop

Bishop Member

i have a lip too and im told its by code something to do with flooding

5. llngoc

llngoc Member

Forgot to mention I don't have a lip and moving forward worked fine every time. Just trying to back into the garage posts an issue.