TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Backing Out

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Cmor off, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cmor off

Cmor off New Member

My new Midel S 60 D did something strange today. I was parked between two cars. When I tried to back up the car stopped. I tried several more times and each time the sensor recognized the car next to me it stopped. After 5 or 6 tries I finally got it out of the spot by moving back a foot and stopping then a foot more and stopping etc. once clear of the car next to me I could back out. Any one have similar experiences or suggestions please. Thanks.

• Helpful x 1
  2. Ko Olina

Ko Olina Member

My 90 D did a similar thing at the Rocklin CA service center last month. I tried to back into a SC stall it it just would not let me back up. I had to move forward and find another stall. There was nothing in the rear but there was a truck in front and off to the left but that should not have impacted my ability to back up.

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

Did you buckle your seat belt on when you put on your reverse gear?

4. drklain

drklain Member

Not saying this is what happened in your case, but there are reports that some drivers have their car stop while backing because they turn to look back and lift enough weight off the seat to have the car think there is no one in the seat and it stops....

• Like x 2
  5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

best answer, that is probably what the OP did

6. Nosken

Nosken Member

Maybe summon would have helped.

7. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

More than likely this is what happened. There is no feature/capability in the S/X that I'm aware of that would force the car to stop while in reverse. If it put the car into Park, this is what happened.