Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backing up into my garage- auto garage for some reason closed garage door as i was backing up, could

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand how it would try to close it. The auto-open activates when you approach the GPS location and closes when you leave that location.

Unless you had the garage door already opened and homelink thought you were coming home and tried to open it but that raises other questions. Homelink has a pop up that says opening/closing in XX feet and counts down then chimes when it activates. I don't know how you could just totally ignore all the warnings. If you're backing up you're looking at the camera on the screen.

I don't understand how it would try to close it. The auto-open activates when you approach the GPS location and closes when you leave that location.

Unless you had the garage door already opened and homelink thought you were coming home and tried to open it but that raises other questions. Homelink has a pop up that says opening/closing in XX feet and counts down then chimes when it activates. I don't know how you could just totally ignore all the warnings. If you're backing up you're looking at the camera on the screen.
That’s how it’s SUPPOSED to work, but I can attest that even though I had it set for 70ft, it activated (auto-closed) while I was INSIDE my garage. And because my ultrasonic sensors were already going crazy because I was trying to get as close to the side wall as possible, a few extra chimes didn’t immediately register to me as a home-link warning. Now that I know what the home-link chime sounds like, I know better, but when it happened, it was right after configuring it for the first time.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311