Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backseat seatbelts plugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took off my backseat today to fix the squeaky noise and I just noticed there are 3 white unplugged plugs going to the seatbelts buckles but no cable is attached to the seat to connect to those plugs when I take it off. Is this normal or is there something missing ?

ED007C6D-B400-496A-8B8C-2FEBDE18227F.jpeg

Third seat belts
In the European market, there is an occupancy sensor under each of the 3 sections of the rear seat cushion, same as on the driver's seat. These are used to activate the seatbelt warning if someone is sitting in a rear seat with the seat belt unbuckled.

That's what I figure too but there's no wires connected to the cushion once I pull it off the metal frame. In my wife's model 3, there are these sensors. I'm just trying to figure out if the wires are missing from my car or that my car doesn't come with this feature

I'm just trying to figure out if the wires are missing from my car or that my car doesn't come with this feature.

It just didn't come with that feature.

Carmakers often use the same harnesses in cars with different options to reduce the number of wiring harness variants required at the factory and later in service. In fact, the early Model S had only one 12V harness variant; every car sold had the same harness regardless of options. I think they finally broke it out into Tech Package and non-Tech Package harnesses sometime in 2013.

Those are indeed for pressure sensors for rear seat seat belt notification. I have heard they became standard in American Model S in October of 2016.Below is what the pressure sensor itself that attaches to the seat bottom looks like.

Attachments

• 673CF78C-DBBF-4B2C-B188-50D6ED8D554F.jpeg
    673CF78C-DBBF-4B2C-B188-50D6ED8D554F.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 44