Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

backslash \ button missing?

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
On V10, trying to enter my password to sign in to youtube, can't find the \ button on the keyboard. Am I blind? Or is it missing?

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
I emailed tesla about this a while back. I got this in response.

Thank you for contacting Tesla, I apologize for the delayed response. There is not a backslash button for the Model 3 at this time. However, I went ahead and submitted a feature request for this character to be added to the keyboard options. I cannot promise that this feature will be available, but our team reviews every customer request seriously.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist in any way.

Thank you for helping us accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.

rudholm

Aug 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This is still an issue. I was trying to log in to a website the other day and discovered that there are no \ or | (pipe) characters. Seems the special and punctuation characters set is somewhat incomplete. This is in a Model 3 running 2020.4.1. I considered finding the character on a web page somewhere and then copy-pasting it in but that's not an option on the Model 3 UI, either.

Now I'm wondering if the Model 3 would recognize an external USB (or bluetooth) keyboard...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC