Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup Camera and Radar Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my car just about 3 weeks now and I couldn't quite figure out what I didn't like about the backup camera until today.

I'm used to seeing the sensor data embedded into the backup camera so that I'm only looking in one spot for everything (steering and proximity to other things around the car). It's a bit awkward to have to look in two spots with the radar notifications being on the left side and the backup camera being on the right side.

Maybe I'm alone in this? It just seems logical to me that it would all be in one spot.

I've had my car just about 3 weeks now and I couldn't quite figure out what I didn't like about the backup camera until today.

I'm used to seeing the sensor data embedded into the backup camera so that I'm only looking in one spot for everything (steering and proximity to other things around the car). It's a bit awkward to have to look in two spots with the radar notifications being on the left side and the backup camera being on the right side.

Maybe I'm alone in this? It just seems logical to me that it would all be in one spot.

Works fine for me. Two eyes, two areas to look. It would be much harder to look at the screen and out the back window.