Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup Camera Contrast Changes are Terrible!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here.. they've totally screwed up the backup camera. Not only are the image colors distorted, I now see edges of the vehicle in the frame (guess that might mean I see more than I did before, but I don't like this look.)

This thread needs more pics. Wish I had some "before" pics. On a dark street with no streetlights it is going to be pretty terrible.

20190724_060541.jpg
20190725_205543.jpg

So on the positive side this got rid of the purple lines in my backup camera that I’ve had since Sept of 2018. The bad news is that it is more out of focus (less sharp) and there is still some weird effects (some headlights look weird, shadows on the ground while driving can get pink flashes). I have an appointment to replace my camera on Monday due to the lines... I guess I should cancel now.

Reactions: outdoors
LOL I just came here to start a thread on this.

I wish they gave us tone controls like every other car in its class.I would reset mine back to the old style.

Personally, I really loved the Enter The Void acid flashback effect. Never got tired of it!

I took two photos from my backup camera for comparing. I would say the coloring looks more yellow than I recall.

33D39C99-5F5F-4313-AB23-4B4981ABD68D.jpeg

DE8676F3-9BDB-4687-BCB2-C906C862E1FF.jpeg

Someone in one of the threads said their green grass was very saturated. Not seeing that here. My camera seems to have captured all the pixels (zoom in for better look). I’ll have to look back in photos to see if I have pre-2019.24.4 images.

Got 28.2 the other day and can confirm the camera is worse than ever....never looked this blurry/grainy before. The colors look soft and generally out of focus.
View attachment 438760
View attachment 438761

I'm having the same issues on version 2019.24.4. The contrast and sharpness quality are worse than the previous updates.
Wished Tesla gave us ability to adjust the camera display settings.