Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera frame rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no update on this. Chatting with Tesla over live chat got me nowhere. Just the usual - try rebooting, take the car in for service etc etc...

On the chat rep’s advice, having a Mobile Technician come out to take a look at it. I figure that’s the only way to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
I'll log a service issue with them too. I just figured it was how the car worked....

Definitely not how it’s supposed to work. Frame-rate should be super smooth, either while driving forward or in reverse. I had a P3D+ I test-drove (HW2.5) and it was smooth as butter. Was one of the reasons I really liked the car, so when I got my own P3D+ 12 days later, I was disappointed in this aspect.

Thank you for logging a service call. If you put in “requesting mobile service for backup camera frame-rate” in the reason for service, you should get a call within 24 hours, even though you have to pick a service center. That’s what chat had me do, and that’s what I did.

Mobile service contacted me, cancelled the Service Center appointment, and chatted with me about the issue. Seems like it affects all HW3 cars only.

I wouldn’t be as bothered (though still bothered) if it was 20fps solid. It’s that the frame rate is all over the map is the annoying thing.

Definitely not how it’s supposed to work. Frame-rate should be super smooth, either while driving forward or in reverse. I had a P3D+ I test-drove (HW2.5) and it was smooth as butter. Was one of the reasons I really liked the car, so when I got my own P3D+ 12 days later, I was disappointed in this aspect.

Thank you for logging a service call. If you put in “requesting mobile service for backup camera frame-rate” in the reason for service, you should get a call within 24 hours, even though you have to pick a service center. That’s what chat had me do, and that’s what I did.

Mobile service contacted me, cancelled the Service Center appointment, and chatted with me about the issue. Seems like it affects all HW3 cars only.

I wouldn’t be as bothered (though still bothered) if it was 20fps solid. It’s that the frame rate is all over the map is the annoying thing.
I don't have FSD so I'm not sure I have HW3. Any way to check if I do?