Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera frame rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many unknowns. Mine was built on about May 22 and shipped with and is on 7.107. If 12.1.2 is HW3 compatible then why is Tesla still shipping (at least a couple of weeks ago) with 7.1 (assuming mine is HD3 which I can't confirm). Also my backup camera is not a low inconsistent frame rate or "jerky". It not 30fps and looks to be somewhere around an acceptable 18-20fps. Also it has come on every time I put in reverse. I know a lot are having it "black screen" when they put in reverse . Not sure if any of this indicates that I have HW2.5 or 3.

Will check the backup camera while driving today and see how it does.

You can start a chat session with customer service and ask them if you have HW3 or not. They'll tell you. I strongly suspected that I did even though I bought my car on 4/26 (which would've been very early to receive a HW3 vehicle) but they indeed confirmed that I have HW3.

So many unknowns. Mine was built on about May 22 and shipped with and is on 7.107. If 12.1.2 is HW3 compatible then why is Tesla still shipping (at least a couple of weeks ago) with 7.1 (assuming mine is HD3 which I can't confirm). Also my backup camera is not a low inconsistent frame rate or "jerky". It not 30fps and looks to be somewhere around an acceptable 18-20fps. Also it has come on every time I put in reverse. I know a lot are having it "black screen" when they put in reverse . Not sure if any of this indicates that I have HW2.5 or 3.

Will check the backup camera while driving today and see how it does.

There’s no unknowns really. Just check your files from dashcam or sentry. Are they HEVC encodes? If yes, then you’re HW3.

There’s no unknowns really. Just check your files from dashcam or sentry. Are they HEVC encodes? If yes, then you’re HW3.
I don't think I have Sentry since I'm on 7.1. I think Sentry is 12.x and up. Also another oddity is I pulled the drive and it seems to be recording all the time. I have videos of the car just sitting in the parking space and NOTHING happening around it and they are continues one after the other. Seems to record 100% of the time. I will pull again and check the format (and copy the files, forgot to do that too).

I don't think I have Sentry since I'm on 7.1. I think Sentry is 12.x and up. Also another oddity is I pulled the drive and it seems to be recording all the time. I have videos of the car just sitting in the parking space and NOTHING happening around it and they are continues one after the other. Seems to record 100% of the time. I will pull again and check the format (and copy the files, forgot to do that too).

You have dashcam. Just check those files. Also, yes it is recording all the time - only the last hour is always saved. If you want to permanently save a particular time, tap the dashcam icon and wait a few seconds - you’ll see a green tick for a second when it’s done. That will permanently save that hour.

You have dashcam. Just check those files. Also, yes it is recording all the time - only the last hour is always saved. If you want to permanently save a particular time, tap the dashcam icon and wait a few seconds - you’ll see a green tick for a second when it’s done. That will permanently save that hour.
Yes but it seems to be saving them all by default. I will check it later today but I was seeing all video from the time I put the drive in and NOT just the last hour.

Guess I have HW4.:D But know I'm STUCK on 7.1:eek:
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 3.56.59 PM.png