Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera frame rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't have mine yet but....on test drive the camera frame rate wasn't noticeably low. For it to appear "choppy" it would probably need to be around 12FPS or lower. Did you try reseting the display since it might correct (can't hurt)?

Don't have mine yet but....on test drive the camera frame rate wasn't noticeably low. For it to appear "choppy" it would probably need to be around 12FPS or lower. Did you try reseting the display since it might correct (can't hurt)?

It’s like it’s not consistent. So it’s 30fps and then skips frames constantly. I did do a reset.

HW3, same issue when on 7.105. Just updated to 12.1.2 tonight, I’ll check again in the morning and report back.

I got 12.1.2 earlier today. No change, sadly. If anything it’s worse now. It makes the reverse camera really nerve-wracking to use because it’s so jittery. :(

Thanks you for chiming in. Makes me more confident Tesla can fix it if more of us have the same issue.

I got 12.1.2 earlier today. No change, sadly. If anything it’s worse now. It makes the reverse camera really nerve-wracking to use because it’s so jittery. :(

Thanks you for chiming in. Makes me more confident Tesla can fix it if more of us have the same issue.

Yep, issue still occurring on mine as well after 12.1.2. Now, it doesn't seem to be horrible to me, but it definitely does not seem like 30fps. Coming from a S550 Mustang, I won't complain about the backup camera :)

Yep, issue still occurring on mine as well after 12.1.2. Now, it doesn't seem to be horrible to me, but it definitely does not seem like 30fps. Coming from a S550 Mustang, I won't complain about the backup camera :)

I think it is 30fps, but with big stutters etc, and that inconsistency is the big issue. If it were a constant 25fps for example, it would be no big deal. It’s just so inconsistent. When parking in tight spaces it’s actually an issue.