TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Backup camera installation

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by JoeP, Mar 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JoeP

JoeP New Member

Has anyone installed a backup camera on their 1.5? If so, which camera would be best? What's a good place in LA to do it?

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I posted a thread earlier about adding a backup camera to a 2.0. Should be very similar. I had major help from my Tesla Ranger on the installation.

Rear View Camera (pre-2.5)

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

4. Tdave

Tdave Member

I had one installed. Sits next to the license plate light. Part of the installation of a Kenwood pop out 7" LCD receiver replacement with Garmin GPS, Sirius Sat, and iPhone dock (that actually charges unlike the stock one). Love it.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Just for clarity Dave, which Kenwood model number?

6. Tdave

Tdave Member

Kenwood KVT-696

You'll need to shorten the right steering wheel stalk by about a half inch. Otherwise the screen will hit it when it slides out and in.

7. zack

zack Member

Speaking of cameras, I just had my front camera mounted on number 1204. It aims left so I can see out of my driveway onto our very busy street past the parked cars. I'll get the Sport Thursday... I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. Or something.

eu3ebc.jpg

2pze1z5.jpg