Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera went black then came back. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been seeing the same problem with starting car and putting in reverse and have black screen for a few seconds. Never really had this before until recently and I think it started when I was on 5.15. I'm on 8.5 for the last few days and hate to report that I still have the issue. Noticed all day long today every time we went to go somewhere and needed to back up.

This happened to me yesterday.
I had tried to turn on the climate via phone app. I kept getting error messages.
I went to the car, opened it (via phone BT with no issue), put it in reverse and got a black screen with the white guide lines.
I put it back in park, then reverse with no change. I also noticed that I had zero bars on the LTE...explaining the lack on connectivity earlier.
I drove away and tried toggling on the reverse camera , but it was still black.
Next time I drove it all was normal.

Hmm. I'll have to go out to my car and check the LTE connection. I posted a few days ago about the black screen and just now under another thread about my loss of rear camera. Tonight the "total black with white guide lines" happened to me and nothing we did from reboots, etc made a difference. Car was parked and we went to leave for dinner. Hadn't been doing any thing else that I'm aware of. No other issues with the center screen or app. Did bug reports on two occasions. I'll go out later and hope I have the same experience of you getting it back.