Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera went black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, had the same thing frequently for several days in v.46.2, even managed at one point to complete an Autopark with the reversing camera completely blacked out, though it did show the white path lines!

No amount of resetting affected it and I had an update to .48.1 soon after, since which time the problem has not recurred.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: boiler81 and Tron 3
I’m on version 50 and just ran into this. The black flavor. Been on version 50 for at least a week. It has not resolved itself yet. Tried power down, reset, toggle camera screen up and down, drive and reverse a few times.

I’m hoping by morning it will just be back.

Add me to the list, happened for the first time today. Clicked the rear camera icon “off” and back “on” and it seemed to correct itself. Always exciting to find out what the next bug will be..

I’ve clicked the backup camera icon to bring the camera up and dismiss it. But I don’t see an “off” button. I also had someone drive up behind me at stop light and didn’t see them in the autopilot display. But autopilot was not engaged. Not sure if if always shows cars behind or not.

I’ve clicked the backup camera icon to bring the camera up and dismiss it. But I don’t see an “off” button. I also had someone drive up behind me at stop light and didn’t see them in the autopilot display. But autopilot was not engaged. Not sure if if always shows cars behind or not.

My backup camera was back this morning. I thought for sure it was gonna need service because nothing I did would bring it back as it did for others. But it seems all fine now.