TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Backup camera

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jefferson4door, Feb 5, 2017.

1. jefferson4door

Am I wrong or are the guidelines superimposed on the backup camera screen narrower than the car? I was getting warnings from the corner collision detection (confirmed by my naked eye) but the backup camera made it look as if I had acres of space on either side. Confused...

2. jdw

jdw Supporting Member

As far as I know, the camera backup lines are where your wheels will track, not the outside edge of the car body.

• Like x 1
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Yes, this.

Do any backup camera lines track the entire width of the car?

4. jefferson4door

Yeah - I just switched from a Honda, which had a great camera system. If there was space between the guidelines, then there was space for the car. There was also a great side camera with guidelines indicating if you had enough room to pass the guy in the next lane. Between the two, I never had to use the mirrors for anything. For some reason Honda seems the only brand to offer this - even the Mercedes and Infiniti cameras are inferior to Honda's. I knew in advance this was the only feature of the old car I'd miss.