TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Backup Reservation

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Scannerman, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Scannerman

Scannerman Member

Has anyone considered placing a backup reservation, in case your Model 3, (once you get it), is totaled in an accident, stolen and not recovered, lost in a divorce proceeding, or whatever. After waiting two years +/-, I can only imagine the frustration of facing an additional wait, for an extended time period! At 10%/yr, that would be an annual "Insurance" premium of $100.00 According to a Tesla representative, once you are invited, to act on the invitation to place your order, you have the option of delaying to act, as long as you like (The Rep seemed reasonably certain about the forgoing).

I would probably wait a while, before placing my Backup Reservation, until the numbers seemed to make good sense.

Scannerman

2. FreeOfPge

FreeOfPge Member

Interesting idea.

I considered reserving an additional Model 3 as a replacement candidate for our Model S but not as an insurance policy.

3. Dennis_cn

Dennis_cn Member

I already put two indeed, in case my relatives or friends need this car.

4. doublejj

doublejj Member

I made a second reservation today. I had $1000 I could sit on for a while.....so now I have Model 3's ordered 3/31 & 4/15....:)