Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad 48 amp charge feature not included in battery warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a 2018 M3 LR RWD in the garage as I speak. The AWD cars showed up in 2019.

Nope. P and LR AWD went on sale roughly June 2018. I picked mine up that very fall.

It's SRs that didn't show up till 2019.

I got my M3 LR AWD in May 2019. At the time, the M3 LR RWD, which they called the MR was available as a special order only.

Also no.

The LR and MR were different configs-- the MR has fewer battery cells and less range-- it was a stopgap offering until the SR models came out.

Summing-

LR RWD was sold July 2017 through Nov 2018 (and again briefly March 2019-June 2019)

LR AWD was sold July 2018 to present (though as of a week or so ago orders aren't being taken till 2023)-- P had same start date and you can still place a new order today.

MR RWD was sold Oct 2018-March 2019

SR RWD (original with this name) was sold March 2019-Nov 2020 and was a software limited SR+

SR+ RWD was sold March 2019-Nov 2021

SR RWD (new with this name, LFP batteries and more range than the SR+) sold Nov 2021-present.

All this said- appreciate the thread as now I need to go find a >32amp destination charger to test this :)

garth_angst said:
I got my M3 LR AWD in May 2019. At the time, the M3 LR RWD, which they called the MR was available as a special order only.

Also no.

The LR and MR were different configs-- the MR has fewer battery cells and less range-- it was a stopgap offering until the SR models came out.

Thanks for correcting me. It was long ago, so I was just going by my memory, which clearly needs some adjustments. I was kinda close though ;-)

Model 3 trim history for reference.

1652995901477-png.806298