Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad advice and rebooted with doors open! Now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had someone tell me just reboot to get rid of a silly error. I did but with the doors open on my model X. Everything went haywire. Now what do I do? It Would reboot but nothing would change so finally I tried a factory reset. Now the screens are just off completely. Worst part is the AC is still running nonstop. What do I need to do here? Ugh. Very frustrating. Mostly my fault but still frustrating. Help!

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
btw, WHAT error were you trying to clear? perhaps that was what was wrong. hard to believe that a reboot after a fault would put your car into a bad state, but what was the fault you were trying to clear?
Not hard to believe since they tell you bro to do that. I do not think it is anything else but we will see after they come tow it now because it won’t respond whatsoever.
What I don’t get is, if you need the doors closed, why doesn’t Tesla just tell you that and disallow the reboot?! Seems very simple to do that just as a computer will tell you there’s apps open etc before a restart. This seems very easily avoidable.

waiting on a tow now so we will see. Total disaster.

I hope they are able to get you back on the road. When owners see weird things happening, that usually points to a faulty 12V battery. Without knowing what was happening or year of vehicle, it's possible this is the case.