Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad Audio Noise Error -- Test Audio files included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate it when service centers use "Normal" as if it's synonymous with "We don't know how to fix it"!

This is a problem for now because most Tesla service folks have been recruited from car dealers where "get the customer out as fast as possible, preferably without his or her money" is more important than "fix the problem". It will take some time before every service employee gets fully used to the Tesla way. To be fair many, perhaps most, Tesla service employees are all about "fixing the problem". This has mostly been my experience--but then I haven't had many problems either. I expect the leftover dealer attitude to become less of an issue as time goes on.

Todd and Pgiralt -

Thats exactly what I've been thinking. How do we get this addressed? Furthermore, I had the Reus upgrade done and love the system, but sound distortion still present on the same tracks as before. Therefore, it may indeed by the processing and not as simple as crossovers.

I am sad to hear this, I was considering an audio upgrade as an expensive way to fix the problem.

It's been a long time, but as far as I can tell, this issue is fixed in the 1.67.80 and later releases. I had tested in 1.67.80 and was no longer able to reproduce the issue in that release and the 1.67.125 release also does not appear to have the problem.

Can anyone else who has been able to reproduce this issue test if you have that release and see if the problem is gone for you as well?

Wow that would be great news, after all this time. I am at 1.67.42 and can confirm the problem still exists.

It's been a long time, but as far as I can tell, this issue is fixed in the 1.67.80 and later releases. I had tested in 1.67.80 and was no longer able to reproduce the issue in that release and the 1.67.125 release also does not appear to have the problem.

Can anyone else who has been able to reproduce this issue test if you have that release and see if the problem is gone for you as well?

I reported this issue to my local service center a few weeks ago, and they acknowledged and confirmed the issue a few days ago.

Since then, they have told me that engineering already has a fix for the issue, in the newest software release.

Once I have the new release installed, I will be able to confirm. I did notice that the issue is absent on the showroom cars, which usually have the bleeding edge software. Could be a good sign.

I reported this issue to my local service center a few weeks ago, and they acknowledged and confirmed the issue a few days ago.

Since then, they have told me that engineering already has a fix for the issue, in the newest software release.

Once I have the new release installed, I will be able to confirm. I did notice that the issue is absent on the showroom cars, which usually have the bleeding edge software. Could be a good sign.

What version are you running? I can confirm that it is fixed in 1.67.80 and later in my car.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - I am about to take my delivery - the Tesla launch in Australia is Tuesday 9th Dec so I am keen to know if this problem has been resolved.

Any new delivery should have this issue fixed because it will come with the latest firmware which contains the fix.

On further listening, the sound on my test files still seems odd (though markedly improved). It almost appears to me as they added a notch filter for that particular audio distortion frequency, simply masking the offensive noise. The audio still seems distorted to me, but in a much more subtle way.

I'll still take it as a big improvement, though I may suspect it was a patch job and not a repair for the underlying problem.

I have not seen any further change in the 6.2 software, despite the report that the audio codec was upgraded.