Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad Delivery Experience- Tampa Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 11/6
Vin assigned: 11/20
Pickup scheduled 12/13 @ 2pm

I called on Friday the11th to confirm if we were stilled confirmed because I had not received any information regarding the status. The service center confirmed vehicle arrived about an hour ago and was going through inspection and if I wanted to pick it up sooner. I advised them no will keep the original appointment.

We arrived @ 2 pm to a few other anxious owners waiting and was advised at check-in they are running about 45 mins behind, the car is being washed detailed, etc. np (a phone call or text would have been nice to let us know since we can't wait in the lobby) but things happen np. The family went to lunch at a nearby restaurant for about 50 mins. Came back expecting to see the car and start the inspection. Spoke to someone else, who gave me the same 45 min behind, the car being washed/detailed BS. I told him been here 1.5 hrs, and if I need to reschedule they need to let me know or go find the Car.

• Everyone was running around to what seems to be unorganized chaos
  • The new owners were waiting hours for their Car to be brought up
  • Employees running around stressed.
  • Not enough service advisor to help people with questions. Literally, no one walked me through the car. Fortunately, I am familiar with these cars and how to operate them so didn't need much help but they do not know that.
  • This was not a touchless delivery for anyone
If Car is delivered on days before pickup? Why is it being detailed when the customer arrives?

So they finally bring the car around about 2hrs after my appointment time, their definition of detailing and mine are different. It is clear that no one inspected the car. Wheels & Tires Dirty, back of seats had big dirt smudges.

Car inspection:
  • Overall the car appears to be built well no major gaps except the following
  • The B-pillar on the interior panel was falling off to where you could see the wires (why was this not caught, bc car was not inspected IMO) this appears to be the clips that hold this incoming loos
  • The passenger side headlight was slightly raised vs being flushed like the driverside
  • Taillights have gaps, relative to the trunk
  • I will be making a service appointment for the above.
Overall the Model Y looks great, but the delivery experience was not a good one.