Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's interesting. The local SC refused to fix it on "my" car. I almost might have accepted the car if they had agreed to fix that. Almost.

The saga isn't done yet. I just found an email in my spamtrap: "your order is set to cancel soon, if it's still on hold by June 12 we will assume you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle, we will cancel your order and your deposit will be forfeit, etc."

Apparently the mothership never got the message that "this car was refused due to damage, send another one." Which probably means they haven't even started looking for a replacement. :mad:
Any update on this? Are you now in the waiting line or did they really just cancel your order?

Any update on this? Are you now in the waiting line or did they really just cancel your order?
We got us a happy ending! I JUST picked up my replacement MYLR. As far as I can tell, it is pristine perfect. Not a flaw on it. SO glad I didn't accept the beat-up one with the warped hatch!

The local manager had mine trucked up on a transport instead of driving it up from Denver, which is apparently what they usually do. It had 3 miles on the clock when I got it. I drove it (slowly, on back roads) to the detail shop, where it's getting swaddled in bubble-wrap. Err, PPF. Then I'll feel totally comfortable to take it out on some road trips!

It was a challenging journey to get here. Not only did I have the problem with the first car, but I also had other emergencies. My son just bought his first house, and it turned out I had to co-sign. Don't buy the new car until after closing, they told me. Urgh, OK, I delayed the delivery by almost 2 weeks. Then at the closing last Thursday, they slipped in one extra little document to sign: "To whom it may concern, I do not have any plans purchasing (sic) a Tesla. I have decided not to move forward with this. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you, (signed) Gary Fritz."

I said "I can't sign this, it's not true." They said if you don't sign, you don't close. The deal blows up, my son loses his house and his earnest money, the sellers lose their new house, probably other penalties. I also couldn't delay the closing (again) without breaking the deal. With a gun to my head, I had no choice but to sign.

I was furious and heartsick. Consulted with attorneys, brokers, lenders, no help. Finally I got some advice that they really had no way of checking up on me after the loan funded. Then I looked at the wording again and I realized it doesn't say I won't buy a Tesla. It says I don't currently have plans to. I DID plan to, until I saw that paper, and then I had to change my plans. Well gee, my plans changed again!!

Attachments

• PreciousMYLR.jpg
    PreciousMYLR.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 126
No chance it will come from Austin unless you cancel the order and wait a couple years. They are only making MYAWD by special invite for now.

Most people report getting a new VIN after a few days or within a week or so of refusal.
So you gave it back to them and your getting a new one that will be coming in at some point, right? I wouldn’t except that even if it wasn’t half as bad as yours. The hunchback name was so funny Quasimoto. Anyway post when you get the new one.

Loveland. I live 30 mi north, in NE Ft Collins.
I’m also in Fort. Old Town.

Can’t tell for sure without more photos, but that back glass actually looks defective (out of spec, should have been a reject).

With all of the issues on that vehicle, I would also have refused it.

I’m a very picky SOB when it comes to cars. Especially new ones, which I almost never buy.

I’m a retired Automotive Engineer. Picky and knowledgeable is a bad combination, for them, not me. 😁

My 2018 3P is almost perfect in terms of body/ glass fit and finish. I actually expected issues, back then, but was pleased when I inspected the car.

I had to go to Denver to get mine. Big center.

I've heard enough horror stories about the paint (peeling off during pressure-washing, etc) that I figure the PPF is pretty necessary. DIY PPF is probably smarter and def cheaper. But I wasn't confident I could do a decent job of it. Yeah I'm still choking at the price, but my brother (who fully PPF'd his M3 4 years ago, and I thought he was crazy) has been twisting my arm and making it sound reasonable. And the nice Tesla lady mentioned that nearly every MY she's checked out lately has gone straight to the detailer for PPF.
Waste of money, I’m afraid.

It’s absolutely not necessary. I’ve never done it. Owned about 36 cars/trucks. It’s a marketing thing.

You’re doing the entire car??? That’s crazy, man.

Also, wraps can discolor, and potentially pull paint off. Washing the car will not.

And no one uses a 2000-psi power washer to clean their paint. If they do, they’re an idiot, and just might blow the clearcoat off the paint.

We got us a happy ending! I JUST picked up my replacement MYLR. As far as I can tell, it is pristine perfect. Not a flaw on it. SO glad I didn't accept the beat-up one with the warped hatch!

The local manager had mine trucked up on a transport instead of driving it up from Denver, which is apparently what they usually do. It had 3 miles on the clock when I got it. I drove it (slowly, on back roads) to the detail shop, where it's getting swaddled in bubble-wrap. Err, PPF. Then I'll feel totally comfortable to take it out on some road trips!

It was a challenging journey to get here. Not only did I have the problem with the first car, but I also had other emergencies. My son just bought his first house, and it turned out I had to co-sign. Don't buy the new car until after closing, they told me. Urgh, OK, I delayed the delivery by almost 2 weeks. Then at the closing last Thursday, they slipped in one extra little document to sign: "To whom it may concern, I do not have any plans purchasing (sic) a Tesla. I have decided not to move forward with this. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you, (signed) Gary Fritz."

I said "I can't sign this, it's not true." They said if you don't sign, you don't close. The deal blows up, my son loses his house and his earnest money, the sellers lose their new house, probably other penalties. I also couldn't delay the closing (again) without breaking the deal. With a gun to my head, I had no choice but to sign.

I was furious and heartsick. Consulted with attorneys, brokers, lenders, no help. Finally I got some advice that they really had no way of checking up on me after the loan funded. Then I looked at the wording again and I realized it doesn't say I won't buy a Tesla. It says I don't currently have plans to. I DID plan to, until I saw that paper, and then I had to change my plans. Well gee, my plans changed again!!
Never co-sign any loan. Ever. Ever.

Did I mention Ever?