Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad Experience at Tesla Service Center Raleigh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nagerseth

Tesla Enthusiast/Owner
Jul 18, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone else had a bad experience at the Raleigh Service Center?

Took my S60 in for her 4 year, got everything done, and it looked like they didn't even check the work before I picked it up. When I got it, the entire frame was squeaky, like an old school bus, trunk won't close and open using the button or touch screen, and the alignment was off. Called back immediately after leaving to set up an appointment and finally got one for right before Thanksgiving.

Took it in, then they tell me that since they can't replicate the noise they can't do anything about that. The trunk should be a quick 10 minute fix. I say ok, and wait in the waiting area. About an hour later, I get told that it seems like the trunk is a bigger issue, and they need to keep it, so they get me a loaner. They tell me I'll get an update text in a bit, probably about 10 minutes. One day goes by. Nothing. I figure ok, it's the holiday, must be busy, they'll hit me up once they get back in the shop.

A week later, still no response, so I reach out. Get a generic response saying I'll get an update. Then get another generic message, "We have been struggling with our current work load... I should have an answer for the concerns of your vehicle tomorrow for us..." then dark again for for 2 days. Then, the general you're car is nearing completion, we will be in touch with more information soon... 5 days later, I get "I wanted to reach out to you to remind you that your vehicle is ready for you." WHAT? I was never informed at all, then you gonna come at me like, oh we told you, but you still haven't come and gotten your car? If you told me, I would've come right away and picked up my vehicle. So they tell me it's ready, they've had it for 2 weeks now, so I open up the app to check it, and they've let it drain to 48 miles. So you want me to come out, and get my car with about 20% charge left?

This location has been the worst experience I have ever had with any Tesla Service Center, or Tesla interaction at all.

Anyone else had any type of experience they want to share about this location?

Definitely sounds like a bad experience.

I've been using the Raleigh service center for over a year and I don't have any major complaints. I've definitely noticed that they have been struggling to keep up with the increased demand. Now that I can schedule via the app, it's been a lot better.

I've used the mobile service twice and I'm very impressed. The guys on mobile service are well seasoned and very professional.

My communication with both the service center and mobile service has been great.

My biggest gripe is using enterprise for rentals now vs the Tesla loaners. I think we will be using model 3 loaners within the next two years as using a rental company doesn't seem sustainable.

I wouldn't mind a Model 3 Loaner. Luckily, I've been getting the Tesla Loaners, I think telling them ahead of time makes the difference.

Following up to my original post, I showed up this morning, as discussed, to the Tesla Service Center to pick up my S60. When I started transferring my items from the Loaner to mine, first thing I noticed was the parking tag on the floor of the drivers side. I had asked them in the beginning to check my car to see if I had left it. They had said no, so I had to pay $50 for a replacement tag. Ok, fine. That's on me, I forgot it. I went to check the trunk, one of the main issues I had. Put it to the top height, and pushed the button. The car beeped and nothing happened. So, they've had my car for 2 weeks, and didn't fix what I brought it in for.

The rep apologized for the "miscommunication" to which I responded, "Miscommunication? There has been no communication. That's not a miscommunication."

After all that, I left with the loaner I came with. My car has been there for 2 weeks, and none of the stuff I brought it in for was addressed. I'm going to take it to another shop to check the alignment they said that they did. After this experience I do not trust this location at all. And now I'm out $50 on top of that.

Definitely the worst Tesla Service Center I have ever been to.