Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad experience with inventory car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, looks great in white with the black wheels, i did like the white but have gone with black and the black wheels just as my current M3 is white

I have to say i’m a little nervous about my wife and the black wheels…..considering getting some alloygators fitted immediately post pick up ha - she had a track record of “contact” with curbs
Don’t fit Alloygraters!

I had them on my M3 for 6 months, just took them off and the grit that has been stuck between the wheels and graters has damaged the wheel paint in many places!!

Don’t fit Alloygraters!

I had them on my M3 for 6 months, just took them off and the grit that has been stuck between the wheels and graters has damaged the wheel paint in many places!!
thanks, good tip..actually watched a youtube video today with a guy who had experienced similar and warned against them, is there any alternative you would suggest (apart from not letting my wife drive the car 🤣🤣)

Went to pick up a “new” inventory M3P today with a trade in of my 21 LR. bearing in mind i paid £58.4K for the car in black as it was 3 months old ex demo with 700 miles on it….i have no idea what someone had done with this car but the condition was awful.

drove 1 hour to pick it up, all excited, got there and all 4 wheels are curbed….not like touched the curb curbed….but rammed into a curb at speed curbed. Scratches on the side panels and front. Long story short i ended up rejecting the car and was pretty pis*ed off. Be careful if you order existing inventory with any mileage on guys!

there is some good news though, i saw the model Y there and actually really liked it, so have ordered a black one with the 20 inch induction wheels for May delivery 😊
sounds like the right choice made ;)

it’s a lesson learnt, and excited about my Y now. I would have had no issue if they had managed expectation, but to sell as “new” just seems fairly deceptive to me, i did feel a little sorry for the staff there as it seemed this wasnt the first time this had happened, as i mentioned they couldn’t have been more helpful
The Y is our first EV. It’s fantastic! I’m holding off ordering the boost upgrade, for now… 😇