Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad luck this year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
First my M3 was hit and today my MX was swiped in parking lot. Just wanted to vent

20190614_200733.jpg
20190615_095641.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
For those wondering how long it takes to get parts, we are still waiting for the rear bumper cover. Apparently Tesla makes them in large batches and if they just ended a batch and are out of stock, you have to wait til they make another batch. :(

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I got rear-ended in May and my MX was fixed in June. I'm in the middle of a Lemon buyback with Tesla and had to have it repaired prior to the buyback, which is hell in itself. $8500 later (damage looked much like this, but a bit worse) and I'm still waiting on Tesla to get me the money they promised me in early May.

Sorry to hear both cars got hit. that sucks.

I got rear-ended in May and my MX was fixed in June. I'm in the middle of a Lemon buyback with Tesla and had to have it repaired prior to the buyback, which is hell in itself. $8500 later (damage looked much like this, but a bit worse) and I'm still waiting on Tesla to get me the money they promised me in early May.

Sorry to hear both cars got hit. that sucks.

Probably better to start a new post, but, interested in what is going on with your X to proceed with a buyback (I remember you had a post a few months back with weird crashing and whatnot - is it related to that)?

Probably better to start a new post, but, interested in what is going on with your X to proceed with a buyback (I remember you had a post a few months back with weird crashing and whatnot - is it related to that)?
It was semi related to that, among MANY other repair issues.

I am working on compiling a post about the buyback process. It was finally completed yesterday and I actually stepped away from Tesla entirely due to the process.

I too had my an early (sub 1k VIN) X bought back. Took about 2 months to get things sorted out and a new car to me. Prior to that the X was constantly in service for FW issues and front door latches not locking. Still have some of those issues with the new X, but I'm just too lazy at this point to deal with it.