Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad news for those who delayed until 1/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and the 0 Rivian customers because they are all employees.

Well... technically not true. There are reports of non-employees getting the R1T but it's probably single digits... lol

Reactions: Falcon73 and soumak
Why is this bad news? Tax credit will be retroactive from 1.1.2022 anyway.
This was the date given when the bill supporters were hoping it was to be signed the summer of 2021 and before the the year end. The alleged tax credit won't take affect until after the bill is passed by the senate and signed by the president. So if the bill is signed in February March April and so on all those who took delivery before the bill signing will get nothing. This of course is if the current bill goes unchanged as it is worded right now.

Check out Bearded Tesla Guy on YouTube and he has multiple videos all about the bill and its current progress.

This was the date given when the bill supporters were hoping it was to be signed the summer of 2021 and before the the year end. The alleged tax credit won't take affect until after the bill is passed by the senate and signed by the president. So if the bill is signed in February March April and so on all those who took delivery before the bill signing will get nothing. This of course is if the current bill goes unchanged as it is worded right now.

Check out Bearded Tesla Guy on YouTube and he has multiple videos all about the bill and its current progress.
Bearded Tesla Guy is a good channel, however he's merely speculating, just like everyone else, until an actual bill passes.

The part where you said about effective date wrt bill signing is not true… the currently version of the bill includes vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021. Therefore, if it is passed in its current form, all vehicles purchased in 2022 are eligible.

Bearded Tesla Guy made a mistake regarding this in past videos, and he corrected it in the most recent video.

Tesla never cancelled one single order. Please dont spread lies here. If you don`t want others to get tax credit thats ok, but dont spread infos that are not true.
Tesla sent emails to those with order on hold but never cancelled any of them.
And they will never do.
I have several emails from Tesla that says different.
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 6:00 AM Tesla <[email protected]> wrote:

Tesla
Hi xxx,
Your Model Y order is set to cancel soon. If you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by December 16, 2021.
If your order remains on hold on December 16, 2021, or is placed on hold again, it will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
We appreciate your understanding.
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304
Privacy

I have several emails from Tesla that says different.
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 6:00 AM Tesla <[email protected]> wrote:

Tesla
Hi xxx,
Your Model Y order is set to cancel soon. If you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by December 16, 2021.
If your order remains on hold on December 16, 2021, or is placed on hold again, it will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
We appreciate your understanding.
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304
Privacy
Report back tomorrow. It's still the 15th , at least here on the W Coast.

The part where you said about effective date wrt bill signing is not true… the currently version of the bill includes vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021. Therefore, if it is passed in its current form, all vehicles purchased in 2022 are eligible.

Bearded Tesla Guy made a mistake regarding this in past videos, and he corrected it in the most recent video.
Thats good news. The beard was not wise on this one. lol
To be fair he is not the only one who speculated that the bill is not retroactive. lots of misinformation out there about this bill. Probably all published by Tesla to push end of quarter sales. lol

There will be nothing to report tomorrow as I am proceeding with the order. I do have a co-worker who said his order was cancelled.
If you're saving a couple thousand to be forced to take the order then it may be worth a gamble to see if Tesla cancels your order and try get the 2022 tax credit but if you locked in a price on a Model Y for $5k of $10K less then todays prices I would not take a chance. You may be waiting a few months anyway and timing could be perfect.

Tesla never cancelled one single order. Please dont spread lies here. If you don`t want others to get tax credit thats ok, but dont spread infos that are not true.
And they will never do.
I sent an email to Tesla inquiring about the cancelation letters that were sent out. The response I got was that Tesla will no longer allow any vehicle order holds to go into the upcoming year no matter when the order was put on hold previously. Though not confirmed by the SA, they are speculating that all orders will be removed from hold on 12/31 and everyone will be placed back in the waiting queue.
Although this could be scare tactic to boost sales.

Reactions: Ogre
And they will never do.

And they will never do.
Yes they did.

But they gave plenty of warning before hand.

And they will never do.
Who is spreading lies now. In the 14 different threads all started about tax credits there are several folks talking about how their car was cancelled.

As for the OP you will have a long ways to wait to be cheering and gloating that the people that waited did not get the tax credit in 2022. You clearly have zero facts, nor do I, but this tax credit could easily get passed up until 12/31/22 and be retroactive for the entire year. No one knows. Maybe hold off on this post for this time next year.

Bearded Tesla Guy is a good channel, however he's merely speculating, just like everyone else, until an actual bill passes.
Thats exactly what I've been saying. NOTHING has been signed into law because there is not agreement in congress. That means anything is subject to change... effective date, limits, amounts, etc... we have a (at best) 50/50 senate, concessions will need to be made to get signatures. Everything is subject to change.

Its fine if people want to spend $250 and gamble that a BBB plan will pass in their favor, but dont be surprised if it doesnt. One can EASILY see a concession being "Ok, we'll go with all the values and cost limits, but only if it takes effect after the date the bill passes". Their thinking could be anyone who bought a car prior to the bill's signing knew what they were getting into. Thats not a huge leap to imagine.

"Dont count your chickens before they hatch"... its an old adage thats been around for a while for a reason

Reactions: Corndart and Ogre
The House version of the bill includes an *extra* $4500 for EVs made in the US at unionized factories, which is what Harris is referring to. That’s on top of the base $7500 EV credit and an extra $500 if the battery is made in America. (That’s how people are arriving at the $8000 figure for Teslas.)

But Sen. Manchin opposes the union provision, so most people are assuming that it will get stripped out of the final bill.
I can't believe it won't be immediately challenged in court. Pandering for those blocks of union votes. BBB in its present form is toast anyway.

Reactions: Falcon73