Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad replacement wiper blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got new blades at my 1yr service back in Sept, after noticing The Streak right in the middle of the driver's side of windshield for a long while.

Since then, The Streak has returned -- occasionally. It's weird. We just had a lot of rain in CA, and it worked well in the rain. It's when the windshield gets dirty during dry periods, or, say, some bozo ahead of me turns their wiper washers on and the spray hits my windshield and I have to turn my washers on, do I occasionally still get The Streak. But it's not enough of an annoyance to bring it back to service (who no doubt is reading this... always spooked by that but this is the post-Snowden era after all...)

I see all these posts are from 2014. I have a new 75D Model S that I took delivery of in late September 2017. I'm in Seattle so rain is an issue. I've had steaky wipers since day 1 and it is driving me crazy. I've had 3 pairs of wipers changes in the past 4 months and they are good for a week or two and then the streaking on the downstroke starts. I raised the issue w/Tesla service and they replaced the wipers. Worked great for a week, then streaking. I tried the Bosch wipers suggested here and again it was good for a week or two and then streaks. The streakiness and the lack of automatic wipers in the 2017s have been driving me crazy (because Seattle). At least I just received the Automatic Wipers (Beta) update yesterday which has given me some sanity back. But I can't believe there isn't a way to fix the streaky wipers on the downstroke. I've got a 2001 Volvo, and a 2012 Pathfinder that wipe windows better. Would love any suggestions.