Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad time to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it a bad time to buy, that is the question? So I put a reservation for model X yesterday. This will be my second Tesla my first was the model S with AP1. The reason I chose the X this time it is that I'm hoping I can get away without having a truck and car. I know most everything there is to discuss as far as the pros and cons of buying right now, but I just can't get past worrying whether or not there's going to be a major change at the end of fourth-quarter? I'm tired of playing the waiting game and if I wait too long I won't be able to utilize my sales tax from my old Tesla Which will save me about $8000. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that I didn't make a mistake placing this order on Saturday. Thanks guys and gals.

I think it's a good choice. Don't know when the credit will start reducing, but it is in the near future. There was rumor of v2 of the falcon wing doors, but if true I doubt V2 would be must have over V1- most if not all of the kinks are worked out.

It just depends on your needs. Keep an eye on the Tesla news while your within your cancellation period. When do you want delivery? If something truly new comes out you can always walk away from your deposit.

What did you order?

They only give you 3 day to cancel your order or change it now, it used to be 7 days. The reasons I need to buy now is these 3 thing below

1. I have a 8000 sale tax credit from the model s teals i sold that will go away in 2 more months
2. I would be getting the 7500 fed tax credit because the model 3;s haven't killed that yet
3. Saturday ( the day i oddered ) was the last day for .99% financing

and i ordered a 75D, i dont have the money for the 100d

They only give you 3 day to cancel your order or change it now, it used to be 7 days. The reasons I need to buy now is these 3 thing below

1. I have a 8000 sale tax credit from the model s teals i sold that will go away in 2 more months
2. I would be getting the 7500 fed tax credit because the model 3;s haven't killed that yet
3. Saturday ( the day i oddered ) was the last day for .99% financing

and i ordered a 75D, i dont have the money for the 100d
With that much cash at stake I think you've done the right thing.
Tesla's always improve so it's never really the perfect time to buy, so you might as well jump in when the finances make sense.

Reactions: Ormond
You will get the just released upgraded autopilot upgrade, rear seat improvements and the 1 second 0-60 improvement by ordering now. If anything gets released prior to your actual production date, you will probably get that too.

With the constant improvement policy, nobody gets the guarantee to have items that are released after delivery. The car you get will be fantastic

Maybe a good idea to just enjoy the car, and not constantly watching the forums to see what new stuff is being added (like that is going to happen :)

Terrible time to buy. Some might say worst in recent history

Wait till model 3 is in consumer hands. Or better yet wait till oct 15. Or even better wait till dec 2016 till EAP is activated.

Can you expand a little on that statement?

I'm sitting on the fence wondering about that same question.

With the introduction of the Model 3 at a low price point of app. $60,000 with all the new innovation, isn't that going to hammer the resale value of the X and S.

It's always a bad time to buy a Tesla if you're gonna be worried about missing the next thing. Just the way this animal rolls as I quickly found out.

On the flip side of things, I'm quite happy I have an AP1 car given the countless awful threads on here regarding the more expensive AP2. Truly a disguised blessing.

Don't get me started on the FSD gouge either.