Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad white model 3 seat stains

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the most part the seats are hard to stain
Sorry, just not true. There is TONS of evidence the seats get stains very easily, there is literally a thread on this forum about someone who left their hat on the seat and it stained it. Leaving a hat on the seat!

People need to stop referencing dumb YouTube videos where people are spilling coffee or ketchup on the seats as proof the seats don't stain - that is not a stain, that is a mess you can wipe off and clean.

The look of the white seats is fantastic, but seriously, white seats in a car? Absolutely no chance that I'd be able to keep them clean. It would drive me insane.
You're right, it drives me insane. I am just waiting for some jerk to reply to me saying I don't know how to take care of the car. I love my car, I treat it like my prized possession, I wash it every week, I've spent THOUSANDS on upgrades and paint protection, carry wet wipes since day 1 and use them all the time and my seats STILL stained.

My dye transfer happened after a 20 minute drive wearing a blue suit. I usually never wear a suit jacket while driving but was in such a rush I jumped in and just drove. Suit was dry cleaned multiple times, bespoke 4 figure 3 piece suit, not some off the rack cheap thing I bought the week before.

I spilled boiling hot coffee on the drivers seat when taking a highway exit (one of those exits that are circular). Terrible design choice on Tesla's part for placing the cup holders where they did, it spilled half the contents of the coffee onto the seat. It burned so much that I couldn't concentrate on turning and almost hit the guardrail.

I tried everything to remove the stains, I even steam cleaned it and spend 8 hours trying every cleaner I could think of including bleach and vinegar. I even took it to multiple detailers and they couldn't remove the stains. I was extremely frustrated and ended up doing a ton of research on leather dying and just hand dyed the bottom cushion almost back to the original white color.

For anyone interested, I have only owned/leased cars with either white/red seats and never had issues with keeping them clean until now. But to be fair I have not spilled boiling hot coffee on any of the other seats - I hate you Tesla for the cup holder placement.

You're right, it drives me insane. I am just waiting for some jerk to reply to me saying I don't know how to take care of the car. I love my car, I treat it like my prized possession, I wash it every week, I've spent THOUSANDS on upgrades and paint protection, carry wet wipes since day 1 and use them all the time and my seats STILL stained.

My dye transfer happened after a 20 minute drive wearing a blue suit. I usually never wear a suit jacket while driving but was in such a rush I jumped in and just drove. Suit was dry cleaned multiple times, bespoke 4 figure 3 piece suit, not some off the rack cheap thing I bought the week before.

Sounds like you got snookered on your suit.

• Disagree
Reactions: N.Y.R.
I wish my blue jean stains were easy to remove. :( Have you tried rubbing alcohol?
Have you tried using a magic eraser? The service center recommended that for me. Didn’t have a stain, but was asking just in case... Hope it comes out!
Last resort as they are basically sandpaper.
I spilled boiling hot coffee on the drivers seat when taking a highway exit (one of those exits that are circular). Terrible design choice on Tesla's part for placing the cup holders where they did, it spilled half the contents of the coffee onto the seat. It burned so much that I couldn't concentrate on turning and almost hit the guardrail.

I tried everything to remove the stains, I even steam cleaned it and spend 8 hours trying every cleaner I could think of including bleach and vinegar. I even took it to multiple detailers and they couldn't remove the stains. I was extremely frustrated and ended up doing a ton of research on leather dying and just hand dyed the bottom cushion almost back to the original white color.

For anyone interested, I have only owned/leased cars with either white/red seats and never had issues with keeping them clean until now. But to be fair I have not spilled boiling hot coffee on any of the other seats - I hate you Tesla for the cup holder placement.
These are far more stain resistant than light colored leather seats I've owned in the past.

NYR..If you are SO dissatisfied with the color and materials resistance to staining, and you buy 4 figure suits, go spend the $800-$1000 to reupholster your whole car, in whatever material and color you want. For heavens sake, try to be a little less of a troll.

I just did the front buckets of my 450sl in perforated leather with new slings and foam for $600. You can easily accomplish a simple recover for a grand. You have spent THOUSANDS, spend a couple more dollars. Maybe you can get a refund on one of your poorly dyed suits to cover the expense.
Did I say I am living with it? I did get a quote from Tesla to replace it - $500 and multiple hours of labor to do the swap. I WILL get it fixed, it doesn't change that it happened and the seats are trash and anyone choosing white seats is going to have the SAME thing happen.

For example, when you bought that cheap China garbage seat protector and it stained your seats, maybe you should take your own advice and get it fixed instead of spending a few bucks on cleaners that did piss all? YOU FIRST, post a receipt showing you paid to get it fixed, you troll.

Also, a 450SL? What are you, 60 years old? I'm sure everyone who sees you in that thing thinks you're REAL cool driving down the street with the top down lol blasting REO Speedwagon.

I know you're joking but I don't even where jeans - my dye transfer is from suits that have been dry cleaned multiple times and are by no means "cheap".
I feel you, my very minor stains are from synthetic scrubs which have been laundered to exhaustion. Mine is very minor, but I see it...which annoys me. (I don’t regret the white interior....glutton for punishment?)

keeping up with it is easy,I just can’t get lazy.