Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Badges & Their Meaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla executives or anyone else with decison making abilities. Please remove the 2 lower badges from the rear of the car. If you must keep one, keep the "Model S" but please move it to the right of the car, like on the "Roadster Sport" and almost every other car on the market.
Thank you for your consideration.

My 'GTI' badging is on the left. I am a little confused about all the "Model S" on the right talk because of that.

I'm not sure there is any conventional or customary place to put badging. Personally, if you put badging on it, make it look good, otherwise, leave it off. Give everybody the option to delete it at no cost, and for goodness sakes, make sure the spacing is good and it isn't on crooked. Case in point...

KimballStock_AUT-45-IZ0202-01.jpeg
2012-Toyota-Camry-Teaser-3.jpeg

The 2011 vs 2012 Camry badging. Always annoyed me how crooked the badges looks on the '06 - '11. They finally fixed it on the '12

It says:

"PHASE CURRENT AMPLIFICATION"

I'm a software guru by training, but my guess is this is the technical term for what gives it the "performance"? Any EE's care to elucidate?

Steve Jurvetson's First Production Vehicle (Founder Series VI #1), photographed at the Computer History Museum in Mt. View, CA on June 6, 2012:

IMG_5703.jpg

All 69 photos can be found here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/117433471618932049710/albums/5751183181825194433#photos/117433471618932049710/albums/5751183181825194433/5751185285270580370

Please +1, share and tweet these to help build interest in Model S for more reservations to help our TSLA stock.

Thanks!

Russ

Anyone know if the line underneath the P85 says something? It might say something like "performance" black text on the chrome silver surface. Though it does look like a clean silver underline to me.

If it does say "performance" would that make a difference to you?

Great pics Russ.

WRT badges, you can't please all the people all the time....I was never a big fan of badges but I might well make an exception for Tesla; if I don't like them when I get the car I'll just remove them.

Removal of car badges is easy: gently see-saw dental floss behind the badge till it comes off; clean excess glue with WD-40 (don't use glue remover as it might also damage the paint!) then clean with some spray wash & wax.

Anyone who wanst to move the badges: remove badge as described above; clean new area thoroughly with soap and water; re-apply badge using automotive double sided tape (here's a good one: http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html); apply some spray wash & wax for good measure.

It's a very quick job.

Right, 3-phase current amplification makes some sense, and it is a three-phase motor, but it's not the kind of feature you'd be advertising on the back of a car. It's just a technical specification that says "this amplifier is compatible with your requirements if you are using 3-phase".

It's just cool.

Techno auto speak for EVs!!

ICE marketers have long been selling us the:

Hemispherical head

Twin turbo

Straight six

Nitrous injection

Double overhead cam

Sixteen valve

etc..

Phase current amplification is EV awesome speak!

'bout time. :)