Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BADVIN.ORG

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While researching a couple of vehicles, I ran across this web site BADVIN.ORG. With a vin# you can pull up almost the complete history of the car and auction results and pictures. Cost for one report is $4 and change, but I went for the ten reports for $40 something. One vehicle I was checking on sold for $50,000 and the dealer wants $64. I pulled up a CPO car and it checked out with no bad results. Worth the $40 if you are looking at used in my opinion.

Try this site - you'll get 10 free searches (subject to change): www.iseecars.com

You can enter the VIN and get full history of pricing from new to current, along with all locations where car was offered for sale, price changes, etc. Also includes comps for similar vehicles. Doesn't have specific auction info, as it's not designed to find salvage cars, but it does show lots of info.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Ok and?,

Do you think dealers should sell cars bought at auction or traded in for the price they paid?

Oh I get it now - $64k! I thought he meant the dealer wanted $64 for the history report.

Well, it doesn't matter what they paid, or what their profit is. All that really matters is what they can, and will sell it for. So, while this gives you some help in making a realistic offer - that doesn't mean the dealer will accept it. Plus, why should the dealer base their price purely on what they paid (whether good or bad)? If they got a good price on it, that's their good luck and should try to make as much as they can, cause I can assure you they will have the opposite happen a lot too. It all evens out.

Only wanted to show that if too good to be true, be careful. Pulled up a 2018 listed in Nebraska for low $50's, but when I went to BADVIN.org it showed major front end damage. I decided to purchase a floor model 2019 from Tesla discounted since they no longer are offering the 75D.

I would be wary of this site. I used the site and ran my old vehicle VIN 3VWEF71K67M047938. It came back as no salvage reports. This is wrong as my vehicle was in a flood and know for a fact it sold at auction under a salvage title. I got curious about my old car googled the VIN and got a hit to badvin and started googling the company to see if I wanted to give them money or not and found this post. I made an account just to reply to you after trying your link. I would want to know if something wasn't giving me full information. All that site does is use records checks of the VIN that are publicly available like returning the VIN to a make, model and place where it was made.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
I would be wary of this site. I used the site and ran my old vehicle VIN 3VWEF71K67M047938. It came back as no salvage reports. This is wrong as my vehicle was in a flood and know for a fact it sold at auction under a salvage title. I got curious about my old car googled the VIN and got a hit to badvin and started googling the company to see if I wanted to give them money or not and found this post. I made an account just to reply to you after trying your link. I would want to know if something wasn't giving me full information. All that site does is use records checks of the VIN that are publicly available like returning the VIN to a make, model and place where it was made.
Thanks for that information.

I found this site from one of the popular car you tubers and have zero affiliation with it. When I ran the vin of my 2014 Honda Accord that was totaled in 2016 it accurately showed that at the time I posted but running it today it doesn’t. Agree to avoid this site, seems they’ve lost their ability to gather comprehensive data.