Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gerardjake

May 27, 2020
Sunny San Diego
B25BC827-2E82-4257-B0A3-8E00972791F2.jpeg
33FCAD1E-1AA9-4B59-8911-48264F726EFC.jpeg

B5452A67-583F-4F35-A69D-D0F9956B2EF4.jpeg

Just got my Artisan side rockers painted/installed + rear diffuser. Compressors in the front were super loud so I got the frunk sound dampened which helps a lot. Last min pickup with the CF steering wheel. The feel and grip is really nice!

Attachments

• E4E93086-F76C-41E7-AD11-4444EA989BE9.jpeg
    E4E93086-F76C-41E7-AD11-4444EA989BE9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25

derekmw

Oct 3, 2016
San Diego, CA
This is one of those "car culture" things that makes me feel old, because I simply dont understand it at all. Definitely a "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" type thing.

This 'trend' has been around a while and I never got it either. I never got the sagging your pants below your butt either though...which is all a car lowered like this reminds me of.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
It’s called air suspension. I can raise and lower my car with my controller or my app.

At least on my end, I know you can drive it (I knew about the air suspension part of it). I also understand fully modifying a car for looks that appeal to you. I get all that. I am a firm believer in "if it looks good to you, go for it", so I am not passing judgement at all. I am just saying that this is one of those things I "dont get".

The cool thing though is, we dont have to "get" it, only you do, and since you do, I am assuming it looks the way it is supposed to. I will admit that part of what I dont get is the wheels being recessed inside the wheel wells (for example). I totally get (and like) reduction of fender gaps, as long as it doesnt lead to rubbing. The model 3 specifically has a pretty large amount of fender gap. I just havent bought anything to deal with it yet, and not sure I am going to, since its "ok" on my model 3P with 20s, (but the thin rubber is another story.. but I digress)

Anyway, congratulations on getting it setup like you want. Personalizing a car is exciting!

MODEL+

Vendor
Oct 21, 2020
Portland, OR
Yeah I ordered them in May.... hopefully get them this month (Nov).

20” Work VS-XX Polished Black Step Lip

This is going to to look awesome, I can just see it!! I don't think I've seen a Model 3 on VS-XXs yet let alone bagged and VS-XX. I see the Artisan Spirits kit too, you got good taste my friend. 90% of the people are stuck in their own little heads replying to this thread hahaha

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC