Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hahaha. Just makes you sound super ignorant.

He's not ignorant at all, he's absolutely right.

This is 100% form over function.

That's no judgement or indictment, but that's exactly what it is. So is the "T" logo Tesla puts on the trunk, and many other elements of design. It's not a bad thing - if we always chose function over form, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

This is going to to look awesome, I can just see it!! I don't think I've seen a Model 3 on VS-XXs yet let alone bagged and VS-XX. I see the Artisan Spirits kit too, you got good taste my friend. 90% of the people are stuck in their own little heads replying to this thread hahaha

yeah! That’s exactly why I got them. Such a classic JDM wheel and I haven’t seen them on a model 3 either.

Ive come to the conclusion that most the the guys on here aren’t really in the car modding scene and are just regular Tesla owners.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
He's not ignorant at all, he's absolutely right.

This is 100% form over function.

That's no judgement or indictment, but that's exactly what it is. So is the "T" logo Tesla puts on the trunk, and many other elements of design. It's not a bad thing - if we always chose function over form, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

how is it form over function when I can easily adjust my driving height?

Because there isnt any function to lowering the car like that (or putting the "tesla" logo on the back of the car, or many other things people do to change the look of their car, just as @dmurphy said).

Just like he said, that doesnt make it bad. My car has 20 inch rims from the factory, and thats also "form over function", since 18 inch wheels with the aero caps provide better range, and less potential for damage. So, my rims are also "form over function" and it came that way.

yeah! That’s exactly why I got them. Such a classic JDM wheel and I haven’t seen them on a model 3 either.

Ive come to the conclusion that most the the guys on here aren’t really in the car modding scene and are just regular Tesla owners.

I am fairly confident that "bagging" a car is somewhat contrroversial, no matter the brand, and is enjoyed by a subset of a subset of owners of that brand. This response would have been the same at the BMW forums I am a member of, for example. There are people that are into it, but it certainly is not considered "mainstream modding", even by most who are into it.

Nicely done on your Tesla. Came from lowering spring and end up with air suspension. Not only you get the functionality on the roads with adjustable car height at any time but also able to slam the car on the ground for aesthetic. Look forward to see more of your build!
F3A3DFA8-87E5-44F1-9692-F8A2A53CA2AF.jpeg
64B84089-31BD-4C24-AB1B-409E863C852E.jpeg

E00DA875-D1B6-446E-B1B4-5FFAE7BE88ED.jpeg

Last edited:

Because it’s something you’re doing for looks, not because it’s making the car ride better, or handle more towing weight, or faster etc.

It’s something you’re doing for show, not for go.

And again - that’s not a knock or an insult or anything - don’t take it that way please.

If we only built stuff for function, everything would be gray and look like a Yugo.

Reactions: Ludalicious
You know how they use to say don't knock it till you try it? I'm actually surprised by how close minded everyone in here is about this... You'd think we are all kind of outliers in our own ways opting for an EV when the majority of the world is still ICE. Try to accept new and different things maybe?

why would someone try it if they don’t like the look of it? Disliking something is an acceptable preference and doesn’t necessarily imply close-mindedness

Because there isnt any function to lowering the car like that (or putting the "tesla" logo on the back of the car, or many other things people do to change the look of their car, just as @dmurphy said).

Just like he said, that doesnt make it bad. My car has 20 inch rims from the factory, and thats also "form over function", since 18 inch wheels with the aero caps provide better range, and less potential for damage. So, my rims are also "form over function" and it came that way.

Exactly. I’ve got 19s and it’s the same thing. Look at the door handles - Tesla DEFINITELY chose form over function there!

Again, that doesn’t make anything right or wrong or good or bad. It’s just what the priority is ... some things one way, some the other. Balance in all things is the key to happiness.