Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of those "car culture" things that makes me feel old, because I simply don't understand it at all.
Definitely a "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" type thing.
I wonder how old you might be, but this
1954 Traction Avant 15H already had rear suspension using LHS (Liquide Hydraulique Synthétique) hydraulic fluid (Wikipedia).

1194px-1954_Citroen_15CVH.JPG

Imagine now in the 60's having those 1955 Citroën DS parked in the street
with the body lowered than normal... but not shocking (shock... ing) any one.

1200px-DS_%40_East_Beach_Cafe_Low.jpg

I think some dislike it maybe because Tesla strives to be mentioned in the same class as MB, BMW, Audi... with regards to public perception. The bagged looks definitively relegates this vehicle to another category altogether. I have never seen any of those other marques bagged, though I'm sure one exists, Lol.

People bag BMWs for sure (the one of those marquee's I am most familiar with).

Lot of people negative post and confusion is they don't realize that parked aired-out/slammed look is just for parking not driving.

…or they aren't a fan of the look no matter what the context is. I also think that having stretched tires looks ridiculous, or intentionally rusting out the hood, or all sorts of other silly stuff.

…or they aren't a fan of the look no matter what the context is. I also think that having stretched tires looks ridiculous, or intentionally rusting out the hood, or all sorts of other silly stuff.

Look is one thing I agree that some aren't a fan of, but most people I see wonder how they can ride the car at this height. I have seen it with people asking about aired out car at my gym parking lot.

You think I care about “a better reception from everyone”. Lol

I do what I want. If you like it cool.

If you don’t cool.

This is the right stance to have on this (no pun intended, using "stance" there, lol) Its kinda what I said in up thread. There are a few in this thread that like it, a few that dont, and some that are like "not for me, but good on you for doing something different".

As long as the OP is happy with it, thats really all that matters, so the OPs stance here is good.

I wonder how old you might be, but this
1954 Traction Avant 15H already had rear suspension using LHS (Liquide Hydraulique Synthétique) hydraulic fluid (Wikipedia).

1194px-1954_Citroen_15CVH.JPG

Imagine now in the 60's having those 1955 Citroën DS parked in the street
with the body lowered than normal... but not shocking (shock... ing) any one.

Now let's see what one would look like chopped and on bags.....
d71yhyz-30779150-1b90-4141-8c39-62ee5e79cd47.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
Nicely done on your Tesla. Came from lowering spring and end up with air suspension. Not only you get the fictionality on the roads with adjustable car height at any time but also able to slam the car on the ground for aesthetic. Look forward to see more of your build! View attachment 604764 View attachment 604769
View attachment 604770

thank you bro! Yeah I had lowering springs in my old G35 and was scraping all over the place. Adjusting the height on uneven roads is so clutch.

Well done, OP. The bagged look is certainly not my style, but I like seeing some variety in a sea of cookie-cutter Model 3’s!!
Despite many of the light mods I’ve made (and continue to make) to mine, it still pretty much looks like all the other 3’s on the road.... and that’s OK to with me.
Please post some pics after you get your new wheels! I’m one who would like to see it!

haha yeah it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I order my wheels from Japan in May. Hopefully get them in the next few weeks

What everyone don't understand is picture of aired-out look, it is just for photos or car events. You cannot drive the car that way as the suspension is completely out of air for looks. With air suspension there is a ride height which could be anywhere from .1inch drop to 2inch drop. If you look at signature wheel post of same car which seems to be the ride height about 1.5inch drop.

Lot of people negative post and confusion is they don't realize that parked aired-out/slammed look is just for parking not driving.

haha yeah! Everyone claims they know what air suspension is but don’t.