Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think some dislike it maybe because Tesla strives to be mentioned in the same class as MB, BMW, Audi... with regards to public perception. The bagged looks definitively relegates this vehicle to another category altogether. I have never seen any of those other marques bagged, though I'm sure one exists, Lol.

It's funny you mentioned this because a lot of people who modify those European "luxury marques" are HEAVY into air suspension. Matter of fact I believe a lot of credit has to be given to this scene for how far air management and air struts technology has come. If you want some proof look up "Worthersee" or "H2Oi" in YouTube. These gatherings might not be everyone's cup of tea but there are for sure a lot of people out there who are into modifying Audis, BMWs and Mercedes like this. Everything in life is just perspective.

Isn't the car dropped this low usually when parked to show it has custom air suspension or do people actually drive it that low?

I used to ride those two wheeled "hoverboards" and quickly realized flat looking roads actually aren't very flat. I imagine actually driving like that would scrap often.

At least on my end, I know you can drive it (I knew about the air suspension part of it). I also understand fully modifying a car for looks that appeal to you. I get all that. I am a firm believer in "if it looks good to you, go for it", so I am not passing judgement at all. I am just saying that this is one of those things I "dont get".

The cool thing though is, we dont have to "get" it, only you do, and since you do, I am assuming it looks the way it is supposed to. I will admit that part of what I dont get is the wheels being recessed inside the wheel wells (for example). I totally get (and like) reduction of fender gaps, as long as it doesnt lead to rubbing. The model 3 specifically has a pretty large amount of fender gap. I just havent bought anything to deal with it yet, and not sure I am going to, since its "ok" on my model 3P with 20s, (but the thin rubber is another story.. but I digress)

Anyway, congratulations on getting it setup like you want. Personalizing a car is exciting!

These are obviously my stock wheels. My aftermarket wheels will be flush with the fenders when they arrive.
622C81EA-08B0-47C9-8A75-544130DBB827.jpeg

D7C2FFAD-01E8-4AD2-9FB4-FF621ABFBC19.jpeg

Last edited:
What everyone don't understand is picture of aired-out look, it is just for photos or car events. You cannot drive the car that way as the suspension is completely out of air for looks. With air suspension there is a ride height which could be anywhere from .1inch drop to 2inch drop. If you look at signature wheel post of same car which seems to be the ride height about 1.5inch drop.

Lot of people negative post and confusion is they don't realize that parked aired-out/slammed look is just for parking not driving.

I had a bagged and bodied Mazda mini. Drove it aired out plenty of times...see crappy old pic below. Those were fun times.
ECF5542E-0445-4644-8298-0FB43F131761.jpeg

To each their own. I personally wouldn’t do it to my car. I sold my last bagged and bodied truck 8 yrs ago, and I still miss it from time to time...except during winter when my valves froze.

Minitruckin was different from the car scene though. Car forums were just like this one, while truck forums were more welcoming of all types.

No sense in arguing or getting bent out of shape about it.

• Love
Reactions: Ludalicious
I had a bagged and bodied Mazda mini. Drove it aired out plenty of times...see crappy old pic below. Those were fun times.
View attachment 604896

To each their own. I personally wouldn’t do it to my car. I sold my last bagged and bodied truck 8 yrs ago, and I still miss it from time to time...except during winter when my valves froze.

Minitruckin was different from the car scene though. Car forums were just like this one, while truck forums were more welcoming of all types.

No sense in arguing or getting bent out of shape about it.

Nice.... It's culture most dont understand. Car clubs with minitrucks/Lowriders. Building this body dropped Mazda right now for my son. People have no clue how much work goes into these vehicles. Allot different than buy a vehicle, putting on stickers / rims and calling it custom.
20201004_203407.jpg
20201004_203356.jpg
20201004_203425.jpg
20201004_203418.jpg

I was interested in an aftermarket air suspension to improve ride quality. How does it compare with stock springs in that regard?

I don't care about the car floored when parked but I would like to set it very low on regular routes I know won't have height clearance issues.

This is one of those "car culture" things that makes me feel old, because I simply dont understand it at all. Definitely a "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" type thing.

A polite way of saying ugly. I agree ;)

I’m sure the OP thinks my with white fully stock Volt is ugly too.

One technical question I have. Does it “bounce”?