Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice.... It's culture most dont understand. Car clubs with minitrucks/Lowriders. Building this body dropped Mazda right now for my son. People have no clue how much work goes into these vehicles. Allot different than buy a vehicle, putting on stickers / rims and calling it custom.

Good stuff - don't even want to know how much time it took you to track down the 2600i fenders/hood now days! Sold my Mazda to a kid in Missouri back in 2009 - last thing I heard about it was he wrecked it while dragging at Scrapin the Coast. My buddy dragged me to Scrapin the Coast last year, and the scene has changed quite a bit - much more refined stuff versus the beater minis of the past (mine included). My theory is the kids driving the beater trucks of the past are all grown up with jobs and more $$$ to spend :)

Hate to say it, but car customization is primarily bolt-ons. Just not the same as trucks, so I haven't really had the urge to modify my cars in the same aesthetic manner as my mini/full size trucks.

Last frame I've welded on for air bags was for my neighbor's adventure van E350 :D. Times have changed.

Reactions: Ludalicious
When they go low, we go high...

lifted.jpg

Bags are pretty common on 3’s now being mainstream. Not my cup of tea as I’d rather spend my money on a set of MPP coilovers to improve performance and handling, but to each their own. But there’s a place in the mod world for bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCsquared
Bags just aren’t my thing. I’d rather spend money on a functional set of coilovers to improve performance.
Good stuff - don't even want to know how much time it took you to track down the 2600i fenders/hood now days! Sold my Mazda to a kid in Missouri back in 2009 - last thing I heard about it was he wrecked it while dragging at Scrapin the Coast. My buddy dragged me to Scrapin the Coast last year, and the scene has changed quite a bit - much more refined stuff versus the beater minis of the past (mine included). My theory is the kids driving the beater trucks of the past are all grown up with jobs and more $$$ to spend :)

Hate to say it, but car customization is primarily bolt-ons. Just not the same as trucks, so I haven't really had the urge to modify my cars in the same aesthetic manner as my mini/full size trucks.

Last frame I've welded on for air bags was for my neighbor's adventure van E350 :D. Times have changed.

Ya it's a dam shame you sold it. Know a guy that has 3 Magazine Mini's. The price on some of the classics is going through the roof. Allot of people are starting to appreciate the culture that once was and the prices are on the rise. Some of these vehicles are worth more than peoples homes.

This one was just appraised at 110K recently.
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/sticker-shock-toyota-pickup/

976e8fbd9048824e6707913c8a705dc7.jpg

Reactions: dmurphy
My momma said, if you dont have anything nice to say, just imply your displeasure instead
My momma said that I can’t say anything about it at all.

Not only you get the fictionality on the roads with adjustable car height at any time but also able to slam the car on the ground for aesthetic.
Fictionality. Was that a typo or you stating this can’t be on the road? :p

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Heck, a couple of people married Rosie O’Donnell.

@dmurphy

Noticed the disagree with the statement of some of these classic trucks and low-riders going up in value. Just curious as to how you came to this disagreement of the 110k valuation. What exactly have you ever built or been involved with building on the car scenes? I am sure you must have a hefty build history in order to disagree in someones valuation on modified vehicles.

@dmurphy

Noticed the disagree with the statement of some of these classic trucks and low-riders going up in value. Just curious as to how you came to this disagreement of the 110k valuation. What exactly have you ever built or been involved with building on the car scenes? I am sure you must have a hefty build history in order to disagree in someones valuation on modified vehicles.

Huh? I never said one word about value, or even said one negative thing about it! I think it's very cool that people make their cars their own.

Perhaps you have me crossed up with someone else?

EDIT: Holy crap, I have absolutely no idea how that disagree ended up there! My apologies - I must've tapped it accidentally when scrolling. So sorry - I sure as heck don't disagree. I feel awful - you sure didn't deserve a disagree (and I sure didn't mean to give one!)

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
OP, looks great! I also feel some modification is needed to make your car unique and your own. That’s why I replaced both my front and rear bumpers with aftermarket amongst other mods.

I see you’re from SD. Check out Tesla Club SoCal car club. Lots of modified S3XY cars and yours will fit right in (several are bagged)! Looking forward to see how it looks when you get your new wheels on!

• Informative
Reactions: ModLTh3
It's funny you mentioned this because a lot of people who modify those European "luxury marques" are HEAVY into air suspension. Matter of fact I believe a lot of credit has to be given to this scene for how far air management and air struts technology has come. If you want some proof look up "Worthersee" or "H2Oi" in YouTube. These gatherings might not be everyone's cup of tea but there are for sure a lot of people out there who are into modifying Audis, BMWs and Mercedes like this. Everything in life is just perspective.
A bit late to this thread, but I have a MB S class and a GT3... they both come with air suspensions from factory... just want to add my 2 cents...

• Informative
Reactions: Voltron_M3
Glad to hear that the height is adjustable.

Too often I see these bagged cars and the height is not adjustable and they look (actually, more like “sound”) like idiots driving down the street going scraaaaaaape. Then you see these cars parked with the lips, skirts etc all cut to Swiss cheese.

I was at a BMW-themed car mod event at a shop in El Monte and the shop’s go-for had a dropped ride that would scrape even on almost flat surfaces. Got a lot of attention, but everyone was laughing because all you would notice was scraaaaape as it slowly hobbled along struggling to even get out of their own driveway.

Got a rare tour of the BMW prep center once too (very cool!) and one of the other visitors ripped his dropped M3’s front bumper off in front of everyone pulling into the driveway.

Didn’t know the height is adjustable now. That’s pretty cool as you get the best of both worlds (looks and drivability) if you’re into this scene. Personally, I’m not into it - but as another poster mentioned, I’d love to see a video of the lift/lower in action just for edu-tainment. Does the system also adjust the camber as well as the height?

Glad to hear that the height is adjustable.

Too often I see these bagged cars and the height is not adjustable and they look (actually, more like “sound”) like idiots driving down the street going scraaaaaaape. Then you see these cars parked with the lips, skirts etc all cut to Swiss cheese.

I was at a BMW-themed car mod event at a shop in El Monte and the shop’s go-for had a dropped ride that would scrape even on almost flat surfaces. Got a lot of attention, but everyone was laughing because all you would notice was scraaaaape as it slowly hobbled along struggling to even get out of their own driveway.

Got a rare tour of the BMW prep center once too (very cool!) and one of the other visitors ripped his dropped M3’s front bumper off in front of everyone pulling into the driveway.

Didn’t know the height is adjustable now. That’s pretty cool as you get the best of both worlds (looks and drivability) if you’re into this scene. Personally, I’m not into it - but as another poster mentioned, I’d love to see a video of the lift/lower in action just for edu-tainment. Does the system also adjust the camber as well as the height?

If it is not adjustable then it isn’t bagged... 100% of bagged cars are adjustable on the fly... This will also adjust the camber. When the vehicle is all the way to the ground (slammed or aired out) it isn’t meant to be driven. it is meant to be parked. The air management system normally has preset heights - “car show”/slammed, “regular” drive height, and “max” height to drive over speed bumps or what not. If the vehicle you was scraping and had airbags, then guy was just doing it for show. You might of seen either a car on lowering springs - static setup, or might have coilovers - which are adjustable, but requires you remove the wheels and adjust the height of the vehicle manually. Hopefully that made sense... it’s 1am and half asleep

If it is not adjustable then it isn’t bagged... 100% of bagged cars are adjustable on the fly... This will also adjust the camber. When the vehicle is all the way to the ground (slammed or aired out) it isn’t meant to be driven. it is meant to be parked. The air management system normally has preset heights - “car show”/slammed, “regular” drive height, and “max” height to drive over speed bumps or what not. If the vehicle you was scraping and had airbags, then guy was just doing it for show. You might of seen either a car on lowering springs - static setup, or might have coilovers - which are adjustable, but requires you remove the wheels and adjust the height of the vehicle manually. Hopefully that made sense... it’s 1am and half asleep

I’m guessing the dude was slammed and not bagged then? I don’t think his car was adjustable on the fly.