TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bait & Switch, Mr. John McNeill?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by njDad75, Aug 26, 2017.

1. njDad75

njDad75 New Member

Went to a Tesla showroom early Aug. Looked at an inventory car. The sales person sends me "Values for Calculations" table.

The cash price listed includes doc + dest fees as 84k; received proforma today - the price has gone up to 85k

I am hearing all kinds of excuses, and spins. No one wants to discuss the specifics and show me how the wrong numbers in proforma MVPA came from.

Is this what Tesla has come to, Bait & Switch - the benchmark for the typical car dealership?

Read that folks can contact Tesla executive team through this forum - Tesla now lets owners escalate issues directly to executives in order to improve communications

. Curious what they have to say, and wondering how soon I will hear back.

• Disagree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

You misread the article - Yes, Jon announced the program here on the forum to reach a large number of owners, but it's about a process where you can escalate through your tesla.com MyTesla account. Since you said you ordered, you should have that account.

This forum is independent of Tesla. They do monitor posts here, but it's hit and miss. It's not a formal forum-monitoring program & no promises that your post will be seen.

It's the MyTesla account that will give you the opportunity to directly contact.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 5.28.57 PM.png

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. Mediocrates

Mediocrates Member

Did you receive an initial breakdown of the price of the vehicle, from base vehicle price through all options?

If so, you can compare that to the "new" breakdown you have now to see what has changed. The specific item(s) therein can then be further investigated for cause, and people here may be able to (informally) assist you in understanding the changes.

If not, then you have no basis for your initial number and you are accusing a business of fradulent practices with no proof.

4. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Deja vu. Same thread posted over on Tesla.com

5. jeffro01

jeffro01 Banned

Someone correct me if I'm seeing this wrong but we're only talking about $1K here right? If so, not sure if that's something worth being upset about but assuming it is, it would be helpful to see a price breakdown between the two snapshots in time to see what changed.

Jeff

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

He's never posted again - I suspect he won't come back and share any info.

• Like x 1
  7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Banned

Perhaps you're right... :)

Jeff

8. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

The only bait and switch I see here is the thread title.

• Funny x 4