Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Banned from Mobile Service?! (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, So basically on Tuesday 17th July, I set up a mobile service appointment to get my MCU2 (included with HW3) upgrade and then I decided to cancel it straightaway because I needed to get the CCS adapter retrofit for my 2016 Model X urgently. When I went to book it again the mobile service had completely disappeared from the 'Service' section when selecting: Accessories - Upgrades and Installations. I looked again with the MCU2 and that had also made me choose a preferred SC which I really didn't (and still do not) want to do as it is far from me.

I know that they are willing to do mobile service in my area because I was able to select it before and the fact that I called the local SC and they said that they would be able to come out to us.

I need this upgrade ASAP so does anyone know how long it would take (or even if) it would come back??

Thanks

Hi, So basically on Tuesday 17th July, I set up a mobile service appointment to get my MCU2 (included with HW3) upgrade and then I decided to cancel it straightaway because I needed to get the CCS adapter retrofit for my 2016 Model X urgently. When I went to book it again the mobile service had completely disappeared from the 'Service' section when selecting: Accessories - Upgrades and Installations. I looked again with the MCU2 and that had also made me choose a preferred SC which I really didn't (and still do not) want to do as it is far from me.

I know that they are willing to do mobile service in my area because I was able to select it before and the fact that I called the local SC and they said that they would be able to come out to us.

I need this upgrade ASAP so does anyone know how long it would take (or even if) it would come back??

Thanks
they are not able to upgrade mcu's with mobile service they have to install firmware which can take time

Reactions: rickyjb
they are not able to upgrade mcu's with mobile service they have to install firmware which can take time

This is the correct answer. When I scheduled my MCU2 upgrade (on a weekend), they only had mobile service available. Once the tech saw what the appointment was for, (when someone looked at it on Monday) they changed it to the first available appointment at the service center.

Reactions: STE$LAR and rickyjb