Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Banned from Mobile Service?! (UK)

f29J39fh2k

Closed
Jul 3, 2021
Hi, So basically on Tuesday 17th July, I set up a mobile service appointment to get my MCU2 (included with HW3) upgrade and then I decided to cancel it straightaway because I needed to get the CCS adapter retrofit for my 2016 Model X urgently. When I went to book it again the mobile service had completely disappeared from the 'Service' section when selecting: Accessories - Upgrades and Installations. I looked again with the MCU2 and that had also made me choose a preferred SC which I really didn't (and still do not) want to do as it is far from me.

I know that they are willing to do mobile service in my area because I was able to select it before and the fact that I called the local SC and they said that they would be able to come out to us.

I need this upgrade ASAP so does anyone know how long it would take (or even if) it would come back??

Thanks

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
At least here in the US, you are only offered the mobile option for certain categories of service. Not everything can be done by mobile service.

Book the appointment for the service center and put in the notes you request mobile service if it’s available.

STE$LAR

Banned
Jun 8, 2021
ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA
Hi, So basically on Tuesday 17th July, I set up a mobile service appointment to get my MCU2 (included with HW3) upgrade and then I decided to cancel it straightaway because I needed to get the CCS adapter retrofit for my 2016 Model X urgently. When I went to book it again the mobile service had completely disappeared from the 'Service' section when selecting: Accessories - Upgrades and Installations. I looked again with the MCU2 and that had also made me choose a preferred SC which I really didn't (and still do not) want to do as it is far from me.

I know that they are willing to do mobile service in my area because I was able to select it before and the fact that I called the local SC and they said that they would be able to come out to us.

I need this upgrade ASAP so does anyone know how long it would take (or even if) it would come back??

Thanks
they are not able to upgrade mcu's with mobile service they have to install firmware which can take time

Reactions: rickyjb

NathanJax

Apr 15, 2021
Jax, Fl
they are not able to upgrade mcu's with mobile service they have to install firmware which can take time

This is the correct answer. When I scheduled my MCU2 upgrade (on a weekend), they only had mobile service available. Once the tech saw what the appointment was for, (when someone looked at it on Monday) they changed it to the first available appointment at the service center.

Reactions: STE$LAR and rickyjb

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC