Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Banned States / Difference Between Stores and Galleries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After yesterday's less than ideal news, I went searching for the differences between a Store and a Gallery. I knew there were some differences such has not allowing test drives but I could not remember all of the differences. Through my Google search I found the following website - Advocacy | Texas | Tesla Motors

I think the page above is great as it provides TX residents (and others that may be interested) with the facts within the struggle between Texas and Tesla. However my issue with this page is that I'm not sure how a user actually gets to the page. I'm not sure how you can just stumble upon the page through the typical navigation. If navigation to this page is truly lagging then the consumers that need to understand the facts most likely will not find it.

Also I tried finding similar pages for Arizona, Maryland and Virginia with no luck. Essentially I just tried to substitute the Texas value within the URL listed above with a different state value. Unfortunately none of those pages existed. I think it would be great for Tesla to create these other state pages so consumers in these states can stay educated. I emailed HQ yesterday with this idea and thought if others thought it was a good idea and expressed their interest to Tesla, then they may complete the other missing pages. These information pages may be a small step, but I believe they're in the right direction.

One last note, are the Gallery structures state specific? Essentially do all Galleries operate in the same fashion or do they need to adhere to specific state laws? Thanks.

I would think they are state specific. In Texas they can't even tell you how much the car costs or even what their website is. No test drives as you said too. What you are asking for is a great idea.

I am a big fan of visualization.

I suggest an interactive map of the U.S. color states with a color code that signals ban of direct sales, direct service, or one of the other hassles listed at Tesla's web page. Click on a country to see a detailed explanation - we have to add these in completion to the TM page on Texas.