Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Barebones Ludicrous -or- Fully Optioned Model 3 ?

What about you? Would you rather load your 3 with options or drive the fastest midsize sedan?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what Tesla's margins are on the $10K ludicrous option? I'm assuming they're huge and I hope they're charging that much because the folks buying a $100K car afford it. Also recall that Tesla offered this upgrade at only $5K for a limited time.

With the M3 in a different price market, I'm slightly optimistic that the M3 ludicrous option might be priced more reasonably -- perhaps $3K to $5K. Personally, if it's $3K I'd buy it in a heartbeat. If it's $10K I'll pass.

Hands down I'd rather spend money on the luxury over the excessive spurt of speed.
Here's what 90% of the time I spend driving looks like:
trafficportlandjpg-ac712585cd55ec80.jpg

Lot a lot of use for 0-60 in any amount of seconds when traffic doesn't get above 20MPH

As others have said in this forum, the options maybe bundled to keep the costs down for a mass production car. I am in the same boat of having a limited budget and having to want all luxury and performance goodies. I love speed and acceleration but I think I would be very happy with 0-60 of 4.5 which under my pricing would be $49k and no need to go to the performance and ludicrous expense. I still don't know if I would pick the "FAST" or the Luxury package. I can't have both though!

1. Base $35k
2. Premium $39k (nav, power seats, heated seats, LED interior, keyless entry, instrument panel, dimming mirrors)
3. Premium "FAST" $49k (AWD, battery)
4. Premium Luxury $49k (auto pilot, wheels, paint, sunroof, leather, sport seats, LED headlights, hifi)
5. Premium Luxury "FAST" $59k
Plus options:
Air suspension $2k
Performance $15k
Ludicrous $5k
subzero $1k
Total $82k
$82K OMG. Please don't let the Base to premium Luxury be a $24K upgrade. And please don't let the Performance (whatever that is) be A $15k upgrade.

As James Brown would say "Please -Please -Please". Tesla - Are you listening?

I wonder what Tesla's margins are on the $10K ludicrous option? I'm assuming they're huge and I hope they're charging that much because the folks buying a $100K car afford it. Also recall that Tesla offered this upgrade at only $5K for a limited time.

With the M3 in a different price market, I'm slightly optimistic that the M3 ludicrous option might be priced more reasonably -- perhaps $3K to $5K. Personally, if it's $3K I'd buy it in a heartbeat. If it's $10K I'll pass.
Great Points. $3-$5k would be great.

$82K OMG. Please don't let the Base to premium Luxury be a $24K upgrade. And please don't let the Performance (whatever that is) be A $15k upgrade.

As James Brown would say "Please -Please -Please". Tesla - Are you listening?
For MS the base 70 to P90D is $38k
In my estimates base M3 to P??D is $29k which includes not only the PD package but some luxury features I think would optional on M3 compared to MS. Others have said the $4k I have added for premium would be standard. If that's the case then the PD package would be $25k for a total of $60k which is great value with the tax breaks for a car with sub 4.5 0-60.

For MS the base 70 to P90D is $38k
In my estimates base M3 to P??D is $29k which includes not only the PD package but some luxury features I think would optional on M3 compared to MS. Others have said the $4k I have added for premium would be standard. If that's the case then the PD package would be $25k for a total of $60k which is great value with the tax breaks for a car with sub 4.5 0-60.
And almost 300 miles range.

BMW M3: "A legend in the world of performance cars"

$64,495
0-60: 3.8s
HP: 425
MPG: 17/24

I'm quite sure Tesla knows these numbers as well as the psychological value of exceeding them -- both in acceleration and price.
The 0-60 for the base BMW M3 is a tad slower @ 4.1sec
The base model comes with non metallic paint and a mostly cloth interior
Adaptive cruise control and backup camera are NOT standard on the M3

However, BMW's skid pad rating is much better than the Tesla Model S @~.89g vs the BMW m3 @ ~.98g (Depending which review stats you check)

I'm fairly certain a PXXDL Model 3 will be less than $60k, otherwise it begins looses its economic advantage against BMW

The 0-60 for the base BMW M3 is a tad slower @ 4.1sec
The base model comes with non metallic paint and a mostly cloth interior
Adaptive cruise control and backup camera are NOT standard on the M3

However, BMW's skid pad rating is much better than the Tesla Model S @~.89g vs the BMW m3 @ ~.98g (Depending which review stats you check)

I'm fairly certain a PXXDL Model 3 will be less than $60k, otherwise it begins looses its economic advantage against BMW
P??DL will be more like $70k
BMW always underestimates their 0-60 and power ratings.
The most important advantage of TM3 is electric vs. ICE-priceless!

P??DL will be more like $70k
with out any other options - the price difference between a base S and a P90DL is around $39k right? (Just tried to checked the site but the pricing sidebar is absent)

You really think Tesla will charge the same amount for the performance and battery options as the S on the 3? $35k+?

Options + performance might hit the $70k mark, but I doubt it. Hopefully that's the ceiling.

I would like to get the performance and a few options, but for the sake of this thread Max Performance vs Max options - I'd choose the options.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture