Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Barebones Ludicrous -or- Fully Optioned Model 3 ?

What about you? Would you rather load your 3 with options or drive the fastest midsize sedan?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would come in very useful for the people in front of me taking 10 seconds to accelerate to 20mph from a stoplight in a 40mph zone..... It'd help too if their car could recognize a speed limit because the driver is sure clueless. That or the driver is trying to save gas... sigh. :mad:

I'd have much less road rage on a two lane street, it might very well save their life.

It would come in very useful for the people in front of me taking 10 seconds to accelerate to 20mph from a stoplight in a 40mph zone..... It'd help too if their car could recognize a speed limit because the driver is sure clueless. That or the driver is trying to save gas... sigh. :mad:

I'd have much less road rage on a two lane street, it might very well save their life.

In my area, there are 2 highway-related things that get to me...

1. if your exit isn't for another mile, you DO NOT have to slow down to 45 and get into the slow lane, thus impeding those of us getting on to the highway.

2. if the on/off-ramp is shared, you should also probably not slam on the brakes and swerve across 3 lanes of traffic to get to your exit in time.

everyone's always doing things to extremes around here. lol

Reactions: MiamiNole and JeffK
As others have said in this forum, the options maybe bundled to keep the costs down for a mass production car. I am in the same boat of having a limited budget and having to want all luxury and performance goodies. I love speed and acceleration but I think I would be very happy with 0-60 of 4.5 which under my pricing would be $49k and no need to go to the performance and ludicrous expense. I still don't know if I would pick the "FAST" or the Luxury package. I can't have both though!

1. Base $35k
2. Premium $39k (nav, power seats, heated seats, LED interior, keyless entry, instrument panel, dimming mirrors)
3. Premium "FAST" $49k (AWD, battery)
4. Premium Luxury $49k (auto pilot, wheels, paint, sunroof, leather, sport seats, LED headlights, hifi)
5. Premium Luxury "FAST" $59k
Plus options:
Air suspension $2k
Performance $15k
Ludicrous $5k
subzero $1k
Total $82k

i can't see them bundling like that, they'd be throwing away money from people like me who want AWD and the bigger battery plus AP, sunroof and HiFi. under your configuration, i can't get that because i'm not paying an extra $10k for luxury fast and other options i don't want or need (paint, leather, wheels, etc)...i'm sure they'd rather have my $5k for AP/sunroof/hiFi than $0 if they bundle it the way you're thinking).

also, since AP hardware is standard on all cars there's no need for them to bundle AP. it's a software upgrade that costs them nothing to turn on...

Reactions: alseTrick
i can't see them bundling like that, they'd be throwing away money from people like me who want AWD and the bigger battery plus AP, sunroof and HiFi. under your configuration, i can't get that because i'm not paying an extra $10k for luxury fast and other options i don't want or need (paint, leather, wheels, etc)...i'm sure they'd rather have my $5k for AP/sunroof/hiFi than $0 if they bundle it the way you're thinking).

also, since AP hardware is standard on all cars there's no need for them to bundle AP. it's a software upgrade that costs them nothing to turn on...

We will know soon enough.

We will know soon enough.

FWIW, i'm not saying they won't bundle at all...just that i think the bundles (if they do so) will be smaller and less expensive to try to get extra money out of people like me. for example, i can see sunroof and hiFi being bundled together if they're staying with the same premise as the S, where you have to have the sunroof to get XM capability...

if they start bundling all kinds of stuff together, you lose part of what makes them tesla (allowing people to fully customize whatever they want in the car)...

My priorities are not speed, but it's definitely in the top 3 desired features. Range (which assumes AWD), comfort (which includes the ability to install three child seats in the back) and then speed. I know it'll be a tight fit back there, but they do have kid seats that are designed that way.

I can't help but wonder what it was that required you to go full throttle from 0-60 to save your life? Did someone have a hit out on you? Or were you escaping from an exploding building Hollywood-style? :)
There is only one scenario where this makes sense... Topher MUST be Vin Diesel... he's referring to the moment when he had to race Paul Walker (may he RIP) and an oncoming train. Vin, you've been outed. Thank you kindly for all the wonderful movies.

• Funny
Reactions: Topher
I am just really hoping I can get a 3 with PXXD, autopilot, premium paint, supercharging and vegan white interior for <$65k. If ludicrous isn't much more than that, I might even push it and go for that.
By the way, I was at my local grocery and parked close to the entrance (my model 3 sticker was visible) and when I came out someone had parked a few spots away in a honda hybrid with a license plate that said "Tesla 3" ... I underestimated the competition in my hometown!

By the way, I was at my local grocery and parked close to the entrance (my model 3 sticker was visible) and when I came out someone had parked a few spots away in a honda hybrid with a license plate that said "Tesla 3" ... I underestimated the competition in my hometown!
I'm pretty certain I will be the first in my county, and possibly my region of NC, with a Model 3. It's possible a current owner stood in line behind me a ways that would get one before me though.

As others have said in this forum, the options maybe bundled to keep the costs down for a mass production car. I am in the same boat of having a limited budget and having to want all luxury and performance goodies. I love speed and acceleration but I think I would be very happy with 0-60 of 4.5 which under my pricing would be $49k and no need to go to the performance and ludicrous expense. I still don't know if I would pick the "FAST" or the Luxury package. I can't have both though!

1. Base $35k
2. Premium $39k (nav, power seats, heated seats, LED interior, keyless entry, instrument panel, dimming mirrors)
3. Premium "FAST" $49k (AWD, battery)
4. Premium Luxury $49k (auto pilot, wheels, paint, sunroof, leather, sport seats, LED headlights, hifi)
5. Premium Luxury "FAST" $59k
Plus options:
Air suspension $2k
Performance $15k
Ludicrous $5k
subzero $1k
Total $82k

What on earth?

They won't.

Debundling would make more sense than hyperbundling like that.