Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bargain demonstrator forsale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what "hidden tesla inventory" is, how they find them, and why this car (first in the list) would be the cheapest available even with FSD and a Tesla new car warranty? I'm guessing its a demonstrator or loan car because of the miles but it makes the other cars seem expensive at the moment? Why would Tesla not put it on their web site directly? There are some performance demo M3s with discounts which they do list

Seems strange to me, I've used this site for a while as its been convenient to surf whats around, but if they've access to cars you can't see otherwise and they're cracking deals, its a potential goldmine. I just can't figure out how tesla would sell the car unless they offered it to someone in the showroom and in that case it makes a mockery of the "buy on line and every one is treated the same" argument they claim. #puzzled

Untitled.png

Does anyone know what "hidden tesla inventory" is, how they find them, and why this car (first in the list) would be the cheapest available even with FSD and a Tesla new car warranty? I'm guessing its a demonstrator or loan car because of the miles but it makes the other cars seem expensive at the moment? Why would Tesla not put it on their web site directly? There are some performance demo M3s with discounts which they do list

Seems strange to me, I've used this site for a while as its been convenient to surf whats around, but if they've access to cars you can't see otherwise and they're cracking deals, its a potential goldmine. I just can't figure out how tesla would sell the car unless they offered it to someone in the showroom and in that case it makes a mockery of the "buy on line and every one is treated the same" argument they claim. #puzzled

View attachment 584732
Does it actually have FSD? The word "capability" is odd here. I don't have FSD but know my car is capable of it.

£39k doesn't seem all that cheap for a 1 year old car. Assuming it has FSD, that's what, a 22% loss? 17% if you include the initial government grant. Typical loss is up to 40% on any other car isn't it?

Just for a laugh I got a valuation from webuyanycar and after 11 months and 33k my white/black M3 Performance without FSD was coming up as £45k! I know the new cost has gone up substantially but I was pleasantly surprised by it!

Just for a laugh I got a valuation from webuyanycar and after 11 months and 33k my white/black M3 Performance without FSD was coming up as £45k! I know the new cost has gone up substantially but I was pleasantly surprised by it!

Crazy isn't it??!!

when I bought the m3 sr for the mrs, the cheapest m3 (with just different colour from white) was £36,500 one year old and 20k miles. I suppose there are people out there that think there is a huge wait for them and are not aware of the tesla inventory. Check it out...its just not worth buying any on auto trader. the cheapest m3 as of now is circa £39,500 on a 69 plate and 7500k miles bog standard. Why would you want to buy that??:confused:

A family friend sold the same version as yours, bought in Sept 19 and sold in April/May 20 with 16k miles on it. Sold it for £1k less than he bought it for.

He sold it to a trader as well

Reactions: m3gt2
webuyanycar.com 5 minutes ago £48605 - only paid £47290 12 months ago! They must be getting a great price at auction.

it’s probably more to do with what a new one would cost today rather than what you paid, a M3P in MSM is what, 57k today? Although looking at your signature it’s hard to tell what you have as you mention 18” wheels, but if yours is a M3P then 48k against a new price today of 57k gives them somewhere to go.

But you shouldn’t care, you’re still sitting pretty :)

webuyanycar.com 5 minutes ago £48605 - only paid £47290 12 months ago! They must be getting a great price at auction.

Your signature mentions 18" Aeros. Presumably you have the original base Performance without the PUP?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the WBAC price is not differentiating between the base Performance (aka P-, stealth etc) and current Performance spec and/or original base Performance with PUP.

it’s probably more to do with what a new one would cost today rather than what you paid, a M3P in MSM is what, 57k today? Although looking at your signature it’s hard to tell what you have as you mention 18” wheels, but if yours is a M3P then 48k against a new price today of 57k gives them somewhere to go.

But you shouldn’t care, you’re still sitting pretty :)
I have a P-. An absolute flying machine. Just so pleased I didn't lease it!

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Sold my P- for £48,906 cash yesterday. New LRAWD on order. So I avoid paying £9.99 per month for at least another year. So one years depreciation cost me nothing and a I made a profit of £1616! Still have all my extras to fit into my new car. I have owned many cars in the past costing £50k, never had depreciation less than £10-£20k in first year. Really pleased I did not lease this time.
I forgot Tesla offered me a generous trade in of £36K!

As of now there are 39 m3's on auto trader. Cheapest is £38,990, 1 year old and 12k miles. I can't see anyone from this forum buying it or even attempt to haggle on that! ... Yet these cars are selling which leads me to believe allot of people out there still thinks it going to take months to grab hold of a brand new one for relatively not much more and they are just not aware that you can simply go to the tesla website and get one from there. Madness!

Sold my P- for £48,906 cash yesterday. New LRAWD on order. So I avoid paying £9.99 per month for at least another year. So one years depreciation cost me nothing and a I made a profit of £1616! Still have all my extras to fit into my new car. I have owned many cars in the past costing £50k, never had depreciation less than £10-£20k in first year. Really pleased I did not lease this time.
I forgot Tesla offered me a generous trade in of £36K!
That's great but personally I'd have kept the P-, you will miss the power (not that the LR is slow!) and also I'd say it would hold its value better in the long run being such a rare beast.

That's great but personally I'd have kept the P-, you will miss the power (not that the LR is slow!) and also I'd say it would hold its value better in the long run being such a rare beast.

I agree entirely with you but a performance is unnecessary for my needs, my wife wont drive it and I fancied a change and a 70 number plate. My original order was an LR and I will be getting what I want in waiting for the Y which I really want but looks like 2022 now!

Reactions: m3gt2