Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Barons Creeks Vineyards in Fredericksburg opening a DC, event this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't speak with direct knowledge of their wine selection, and I'm not sure I have room in my schedule to attend this myself, but I'm putting up here as they were nice enough to DM me to let me know about the Destination Charger opening before it appeared on Tesla's in-vehicle map.

This is just a couple miles East of Fredericksburg, right off the highway. With the four DCs there it should be safely reachable for a day trip from the Austin area with most Model S'?

IMG_5119.JPG

Kind of a dead thread but for people that have been to both Alexander and Barons creek for an afternoon, any recommendations as to which one is better?

Alexander is a tasting room in an older home (maybe 1960's). And I mean it's literary a room of the house, the rest of the house is blocked off. It's possible that the house setup is just temporary, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking the original owner of the house had the Tesla charger (single) installed. The folks working there are really friendly and the patio is nice. There are also two resident dogs that live there.

Baron's Creek is a fancy full blown vineyard. It's beautiful. It also has a darling outdoor space. I think they have a small menu too. 4 Tesla chargers.

If you only have time for one stop, I'd recommend Baron's for the scenery.

Alexander is a tasting room in an older home (maybe 1960's). And I mean it's literary a room of the house, the rest of the house is blocked off. It's possible that the house setup is just temporary, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking the original owner of the house had the Tesla charger (single) installed. The folks working there are really friendly and the patio is nice. There are also two resident dogs that live there.

Baron's Creek is a fancy full blown vineyard. It's beautiful. It also has a darling outdoor space. I think they have a small menu too. 4 Tesla chargers.

If you only have time for one stop, I'd recommend Baron's for the scenery.
Personally I prioritize the wine first. I've found that with the explosion in "wineries" that most prioritize the tasting room over the wine. Many have vines but only for show. Its great being able to buy 1er cru french wines at reasonable prices.
There is obviously a market for Fat Ass and the Castle as well - I guess it depends what you're after :)
I am glad there are more destination chargers along there though.
cheers!