TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Barrie (ONTARIO) supercharger is down

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by sagaboy, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sagaboy

sagaboy Member

Just giving fellow Tesla owners a heads up that the Barrie super charger is down on the 01-10-2017 @ 9:30pm.
    Tesla says some one would be out on the 12th to have a look at it fyi..

• Informative x 6
  2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

Crazy there have been no Plugshare checking since November. Perhaps that would be a good place or better to report this.

3. sagaboy

sagaboy Member

thanks Ray. Was just hoping to create an awareness of the issue. I have already posted on plugshare. Had a horrible night only to get home to power outage over night as well.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Not crazy. Most Tesla owners aren't going to look at Plugshare for comments about superchargers.

• Like x 1
  5. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

It's up today.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  6. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

Perhaps they should. Plugshare is highly contextualized, TMC is not. Plugshare has the benefit of being a canonical source of information as well.

• Helpful x 1
  7. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

I always check plugshare for all chargers, including superchargers.

We avoided issues a few months ago by fully charging in Kingston when the Port Hope supercharger was down to 4 active. If we hadn't, we'd have had to wait in line.

8. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I was in Barrie again last night; a couple of technicians were there working on the system. A few stalls were down, but the others were working. If somebody is in there and doesn't get a charge I'd suggest testing the other stalls before giving up.

9. wayner

wayner Active Member

I never remember what is actually a good charge? When you battery is less than 50% then what is the best case for the amount of power you should get and when should you switch to another unit?

10. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Yesterday I was getting 115kw.

11. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

I'll be there tomorrow morning trying my luck.

12. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Wow. Last Saturday the 7th (a very cold day) I was on my way to Muskoka with my buddy in his Buick. We passed a Model S limping along the 400 northbound just south of Barrie at about 65 km/h, windows all fogged up. I assumed he was stretching to get to the Supercharger there. That would really suck to arrive and find it down.

• Helpful x 1
  13. sagaboy

sagaboy Member

That wasn't me but it was close, I got there with 17 km left and she charged properly to 95km (60kw) and then stopped. I did check all stations and all wasn't working. I was sometimes getting 6kw sometimes 0 from all stations. I am glad she's back up. Thanks for updating. sandpiper :)

14. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Well this morning around 10am there were 2 white Model S charging on 1A and 3B. I charged on 2A. Then an X appeared and tried charger 4B. No go for 4A and 4B. These 2 have been on the fritz for over 2 months now.
    I came back from Collingwood at 2pm and the white car at 3B was still plugged in. I hope she/he gets charged the promised 50cent/minute idle time. 4 hours would be $ 120.-

• Informative x 2
  15. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

All 3 chargers ( 4 is out of commission ) were only giving a max of 40 Kw this morning.

• Informative x 1
  16. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

My first time to Barrie today and I charged there twice. Hit 80kW max the first time, but 96kW the second. Seems to be in good shape now, minus the number 4 stack.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Any word on whether Elon's promise of only charging standby fees when stations are (near) full has made it into policy anywhere?

18. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

I think officially it's if they are "more than half full".

19. ig_epower

ig_epower Member

So I was thinking - if one stack is down (2 chargers), it would never be occupied and make the stats look fine not to charge the standby fee when in fact the total number of usable chargers is actually lower than in their database. Faith would have it that they do factor in stations that should be removed from the calculations until they are repaired.

20. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

If Tesla is going to implement charging fees and standby fees, I feel they MUST enable some sort of messaging on the dash or through the app to let you know what is going on. For example, what the supercharging fee is (on new cars) and whether or not standby charges are in effect and, if so, how much has racked up. I don't think it's fair to show up for service one day and just have it sprung on you.

• Like x 1