Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Barrie (ONTARIO) supercharger is down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just giving fellow Tesla owners a heads up that the Barrie super charger is down on the 01-10-2017 @ 9:30pm.
Tesla says some one would be out on the 12th to have a look at it fyi..

Wow. Last Saturday the 7th (a very cold day) I was on my way to Muskoka with my buddy in his Buick. We passed a Model S limping along the 400 northbound just south of Barrie at about 65 km/h, windows all fogged up. I assumed he was stretching to get to the Supercharger there. That would really suck to arrive and find it down.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Wow. Last Saturday the 7th (a very cold day) I was on my way to Muskoka with my buddy in his Buick. We passed a Model S limping along the 400 northbound just south of Barrie at about 65 km/h, windows all fogged up. I assumed he was stretching to get to the Supercharger there. That would really suck to arrive and find it down.
That wasn't me but it was close, I got there with 17 km left and she charged properly to 95km (60kw) and then stopped. I did check all stations and all wasn't working. I was sometimes getting 6kw sometimes 0 from all stations. I am glad she's back up. Thanks for updating. sandpiper :)

Well this morning around 10am there were 2 white Model S charging on 1A and 3B. I charged on 2A. Then an X appeared and tried charger 4B. No go for 4A and 4B. These 2 have been on the fritz for over 2 months now.
I came back from Collingwood at 2pm and the white car at 3B was still plugged in. I hope she/he gets charged the promised 50cent/minute idle time. 4 hours would be $ 120.-

I think officially it's if they are "more than half full".

So I was thinking - if one stack is down (2 chargers), it would never be occupied and make the stats look fine not to charge the standby fee when in fact the total number of usable chargers is actually lower than in their database. Faith would have it that they do factor in stations that should be removed from the calculations until they are repaired.

I think officially it's if they are "more than half full".

If Tesla is going to implement charging fees and standby fees, I feel they MUST enable some sort of messaging on the dash or through the app to let you know what is going on. For example, what the supercharging fee is (on new cars) and whether or not standby charges are in effect and, if so, how much has racked up. I don't think it's fair to show up for service one day and just have it sprung on you.

Reactions: mrElbe