Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Barrie Supercharger (South) - handles in snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On our way North, taking a pitstop at the Barrie Supercharger. The handles aren't able to be put up in the proper holster, so please take care to loop it as best as possible through the center of the charger. I brushed out as many as I could - gently use it if you encounter snow on the contacts - heck, the last guy still dropped it in the snow. Almost all of them were in the snow when I arrived. Thankfully only a couple of cars there, so no competition for them.

Be considerate of others for a few added seconds of effort.

Was there last night and several were not in their holster. Assumed they were defective or ? so chose a holstered one.
I left one unholstered there the day before when it refused to charge my M3LR for some reason.
Winter seems to be hard on these things.

Reactions: Smytty
Was there last night and several were not in their holster. Assumed they were defective or ? so chose a holstered one.
I left one unholstered there the day before when it refused to charge my M3LR for some reason.
Winter seems to be hard on these things.
In the colder weather, some cables seem to be too inflexible to stay in the holster. It happened to me in 3 x different locations in the last week.

In the colder weather, some cables seem to be too inflexible to stay in the holster. It happened to me in 3 x different locations in the last week.
True, the latch didn't seem to be able to hold the cable up on a couple of them that I tried at the South location, but then at the Barrie North charger, there didn't seem to be the same issue. Wear and tear or something else? It's hard to tell.