Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base model 3, no extras, has anyone put a deposit down yet with news of upturn in delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very tempted now to put down the $1000 and configure a completely base, no extras, Model 3 at $45,600, maybe minus the BC $5,000 EV rebates.

I owned a S75 before but sold this a while ago for this new job in BC but wondered if anyone is in the same boat as me as wanting just the very base model.

If I went for the deposit this week would the delivery times be end of this year I wonder as news seems to be that Model 3 has ramped quite a bit and delivery times are dropping accordingly.

Just seeing what others maybe be doing or thinking at this stage with the news moving as it is.

I'm very tempted now to put down the $1000 and configure a completely base, no extras, Model 3 at $45,600, maybe minus the BC $5,000 EV rebates.

I owned a S75 before but sold this a while ago for this new job in BC but wondered if anyone is in the same boat as me as wanting just the very base model.

If I went for the deposit this week would the delivery times be end of this year I wonder as news seems to be that Model 3 has ramped quite a bit and delivery times are dropping accordingly.

Just seeing what others maybe be doing or thinking at this stage with the news moving as it is.

I don't think you're able to order a "completely base" model yet. Right now, you're forced to take at minimum the Long Range battery ($11,900) and Premium Upgrades Package ($6600). So the minimum price is $64,100 (plus delivery and taxes). The "completely base" configuration likely won't be available to order until sometime next year.

I got a feeling that your delivery times may be the end of the year, but 2019, not 2018. The base model looks to be the last configuration that will be manufactured and you have 400,000 people ahead of you.

But it will be a LOT shorter wait than just about everyone else in line.

I don't think you're able to order a "completely base" model yet. Right now, you're forced to take at minimum the Long Range battery ($11,900) and Premium Upgrades Package ($6600). So the minimum price is $64,100 (plus delivery and taxes). The "completely base" configuration likely won't be available to order until sometime next year.

Ah thanks, of course the actual ability to order a base Model 3 isn't even a factor as yet, didn't quite think about that.

Yes the only options are the ones Tesla are allowing you to buy, I misread the intention to allow all reservation holders to configure as a sign all options were now available.

Got all excited :)

I got a feeling that your delivery times may be the end of the year, but 2019, not 2018. The base model looks to be the last configuration that will be manufactured and you have 400,000 people ahead of you.

But it will be a LOT shorter wait than just about everyone else in line.

I fear you may be right, I cannot now see having the option to order/configure a base model before the end of this year, let alone lead times after that.

The online page suggest 6-12 months for standard battery, not sure any previous owner privelige could apply to this even :)